• No

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djoko never choked the 4 th set. Both him and Federer confirmed that.

Just watch it. The minute Fed became more aggressive, realized back his FH and slice he came back. Djoko couldn't do anything about it. And ace on MP!

Discuss!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Roger and Nole have confirmed he didn't choke? When? Did they make statements to the press?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^Did you listen to Novaks post match interview? He said he didn't do anything wrong and there's nothing he could've done! Fed said that he was on a run in that set.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
He didn't choke the lead his only bad miss was at 5-3 0-0 the rest was Federer raising his level but the game at 5-5 was a gift.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
He choked when he was leading *5-3, he missed an easy FH in the first point. That said, at 5-4*, it was more of a clutch play by Federer. Then, Novak played a bad game at 5-5, and then Fed concluded the set comfortably. Overall, I think it's a choke.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
He served for matches SEVERAL times this year and ended up losing the set. So yeah, he did choke it....just like the others. Indian Wells comes to mind.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
He served for matches SEVERAL times this year and ended up losing the set. So yeah, he did choke it....just like the others. Indian Wells comes to mind.
pretty much my thoughts. choke choke choke ....

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
A bit of both perhaps? I was watching some of the match again the other day and discovered that the last or next to last point at 2-2 in the final set. I think, my memory is not too good lately, Novak served afterwhich there was a tremendous rally. Novak was hitting rockets all over the court, with Roger making great returns that were deep and penetrating. finally after about 10 shots Novak, near desperation, hit a shot as hard as he could to Roger's backhand and finally came to net to put away an easy volley. It was the best point of the match, IMO, and had Novak lost that point and game, I do think he would have lost the match. Both men played that point as best as they possibly could, IMO. It was one of the most incredible example of shot making and defense I can ever recall seeing. I think Novak served an ace after that rally.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
I generally never believe anything any of them say because I stopped being naive.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
It doesn't matter what Djokovic or Federer did or did not say. That was most definitely a choke. I mean sure, Federer played well and deserves credit for turning that around but still...it was clearly a product of Djokovic's choking.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Worthless discussion. He didn't choke until that horrific 5-5 game.

·
Registered
21,270 Posts
He missed a pretty easy forehand when it was 5-3 00-00, but apart from that, until 5-5, it was all Federer. He won those points to break and save the Mp. Djokovic did play a terrible game when it was 5-5 though, it was a gift of a break. Happens though when you lose such a big lead.

·
Banned
831 Posts
I read this thing about the 4th set at talk tennis. Somebody was talking about Serving first in the fifth being an advantage. Maybe he is right, Djokovic seemed like he tanked the 4th set to serve first in the decider. Mind games anyone?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The fact that he was twice up a break and served for the match is a choke in my mind. But why is this relevant?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts