Mens Tennis Forums banner

Wimbledon 2011 R1 - Söderling - Petzschner WWW?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H2H is 2:0 for Robin but Petzschner was able to take a set during the match in Halle in 2008 on grass.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Soda was pathetic at RG while Picasso can beat anyone on grass if he doesn't choke. I'm going for upset in 4 and Soderling looks hard at where his career is headed since parting with Norman.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
If this was a final (of any tournament) I mostly wouldn't care who wins, as both are one of my favourites.
But as it is a slam, I'll be rooting for Söderling. First, he defends more points than Petzsche (360 to 90) and second I see him getting farer than Petzschner if he wins. As I know Picasso he'd lose 2nd round in 3 routine sets against Nishikori.

So I hope Söderling wins, in 4 would be okay. Would be great if Söderling met Mayer in the R16 later in the tournament.

Edit: Btw Petzschner posted on twitter today:
"Draw just came out! soderling to play hewitt ... Could ve been better i guess. Back is ok not great but should be fine for tuesday."

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Soderling in 4.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Judging from their latest hc meeting and how it looked when the ball came into play I'd say Petzschner would need epic level serving and have his dropshots/volley and other weapons in absolute top shape to win and even then he needs Soderling to play below capacity. Add to that his back injuries that seem more severe than Soderlings foot problems and I think he got it in 3. Worst case 4. I really don't like a 5 seter in R1 :)

Shame really because I think that Petzschner with a good draw could have had a shot at R3/R4 or even QF. Like if he got Ferrer instead of Soderling

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Petzh had a injury to his back in Halle and may not be able to serve vintage in 5 sets, i'll go with Robin in 4 sets. Philip has a chance if Errorling with 1st round nerves shows up but still depends on Philips serve over 5 sets.

·
Registered
61,354 Posts
petz might have lead most of match, but between back and choke-proneness, i have to say soderling :D

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Robin in 3 or 4.

Reactions: Eden
1 - 20 of 32 Posts