Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will you watch the QFs?

• I will be watching both matches all the way through (maybe with beverages or snacks)

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • I will only be watching Sinner vs. Nadal

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I will only be watching Schwartzman vs. Thiem

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I will watch both matches but can only watch a little bit due to commitments

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I will only watch parts of one match due to commitments

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I will not watch either match and am not interested

• I will not watch either match due to commitments and will have to catch highlights

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course these matches could turn out to be duds .... as they often do when they get hyped up and or Hypechi makes a thread....

but still.

We have Sinner one of the most effortless ballstrikers of the NextGen , who is finally showing what he is made of....

French Open 2020 – Teen sensation Jannik Sinner dumps out sixth seed  Alexander Zverev - Eurosport

against the clay Legend Himself
Yes I Will Be There - Rafael Nadal Confirms Participation at French Open  2020 - EssentiallySports

This match may be very telling as Nadal is the Clay Legend ... but Sinner has to be super motivated having the chance to play Nadal on PC 2020!

Then we have Diego vs. Thiem, a delicious match up, between two contrasting styles. Diego has been playing out of his mind recently and Thiem is Thiem... who has consistently been the 2nd or 3rd best clay courter for two to three years.
Roland Garros: Diego Schwartzman vs Norbert Gombos preview, head-to-head &  prediction | French Open 2020

Thiem has also gone with the Darth Thiem Outfit this year...
Lucky' Thiem survives huge scare at Roland Garros | Inquirer Sports

So will you be watching any of these potential epics?

Will you watch a part of them , or will you not be able to watch at all :(

Sincerely,

Masterclasschi

·
Registered
16,637 Posts
It feels that both matches could be a classic, so will watch them both, in entire length.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Gonna watch both as much as I can

·
Registered
401 Posts
Because I could afford it, I actually took the day off to watch them both. I can have an eye on tennis when I'm at work but it's not really enjoyable.

·
Registered
59,021 Posts
Thiem vs. Schwartzman will be one of the best matches of the event.

Probably about a year too early for Nadal-Sinner to be interesting, but I'll at least briefly tune in.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The only comitments tomorrow are in the morning, I will be back at home before the afternoon starts I reckon so I will watch both matches and some of the womens matches are going in the background while browsing I suppose.

·
The special one
14,368 Posts
I'll be watching both matches for sure. Diego/Thiem should be a classic. I can easily see that going 5 sets. Nadal/Sinner probably will be too one-sided to be considered a classic, I think Nadal in 3 with one 7-6 or 7-5 set.

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
Why wouldn’t we?!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Can't wait, great QFs, wifh Nadal - Sinner being obviously lopsided in Rafa's favour, but Sinner can at least show some balls and make it somewhat competitive, nothing more expected.

Diego vs. Domi could just be a classic, they seem to be there form-wise.

Working till 3PM, hoping to make the most of both.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Entire match between Thiem and Diego. Not sure about entire match of Nadal/Sinner as that will be one sided affair and Nadal will crush Sinner

·
Registered
16,637 Posts
I'll be watching both matches for sure. Diego/Thiem should be a classic. I can easily see that going 5 sets. Nadal/Sinner probably will be too one-sided to be considered a classic, I think Nadal in 3 with one 7-6 or 7-5 set.
I think ultimately Sinner will outdo himself and put up a very good fight, of course Nadal's gonna prevail in 3-4 sets, but it will be very close.
So I am going out on a limb and still think that it will be a classic.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm so looking forward to both of these matches that I'm currently working on a plan to skip all of my commitments.

Work - yep, might be able to just take a few calls and write a couple of emails from home and that's it, but if something urgent requiring my attention comes up all of a sudden I'm screwed. Clearly need to keep working on this one.

Friends, whom I've invited over later in the evening - they'll just have to pretend they all love tennis as much as I do (like they've done some 100 times before). I'll return the favour one day.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Both! Duh.

These are juicy semis.
Thiem/Shwartz cannot be a dud, by its very nature. I have very high expectations for this one.
Well Rafa Sinner I just want to see Rafa play a better player at this point. He might get tested, which would be a good thing.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Thiem/Shwartzman basically decides whether Nadal wins the French or not IMO. (as Im not completely convinced that Nadal can beat Thiem/Djoker back to back) So that one.

·
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can maybe check out Sinner vs. Nadal , for about an hour at best...

Does anyone have Guy Forget's MTF account so he can release full matches?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts