Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure he won another slam for his country, but he also denied Fed #18..

:sad:

·
Registered
236 Posts
How did he deny Fed #18? I don't think Fed would have beaten Djokovic... xD

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Sure he won another slam for his country, but he also denied Fed #18..

:sad:
Federer does not care for FO at all. It was very important for Fed if Stan beat Novak in Final. Just because in 2011 Fed was almost at 30 and beat Djokovic but Nadal again did not allow him to win FO for 4th time. That was the last time Federer tried . That is what he said i do not live in past.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
FC Basel just lost in the Swiss Cup final, surely they don't care about tennis today...

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What does it matter? He is not living in Basel and in Federer's basement :D:p
It's a fair question; Roger was born in Basel and you have to wonder if Wawa will be getting some awkward encounters there from now on

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Well, I can't see your point. Stan actually has already now two home tournaments with Genf (Geneva) and Gstaad which are both in the near of his hometown (Lausanne). And of course, here in Basel, we also cheer for Stan. At the same time, it is kind of logical that most of the followers and people still know Roger better and will cheer for him. He was by far more succesful in the Basel tournament and comes from this area. So therefore it is logical that most of the people would cheer for Federer in a Roger-Stan match at Basel. Even as a fan of both (but a bigger fan of Wawrinka), I can't see a problem with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts