Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Downpours when they need to complete R16 matches today. Isner yet to play his R32 match as well and likely will need to make up by playing two matches today if permissible, Rublev likewise. I think he's entered doubles too...

These guys will be roughed up by the time Canada starts.

·
52,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't understand why they start at 4.30 pm...
I guess factoring in heat and WTA matches. This year rain timing couldn't be worse. They tended to take play till very late even past midnight but the intermittent then long showers have made that virtually impossible. So shrinks to 5 hrs of play maybe.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Yeah, it looks like a Monday Final is on the cards, and that's putting it optimistically ..

Think Zverev/Isner will be scheduled late Wednesday in Toronto should they get trapped here, but one or two of Kei/Shapovalov/Murray will get screwed because they have to play a first round match in Canada on either Monday/Tuesday.

·
52,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Downpours when they need to complete R16 matches today. Isner yet to play his R32 match as well and likely will need to make up by playing two matches today if permissible, Rublev likewise. I think he's entered doubles too...

These guys will be roughed up by the time Canada starts.
All R32 matches have finished

R16 underway, and it looks like Isner won't have to worry about the schedule anymore

·
52,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Couldn't they have forseen this and started R32 matches as early as Monday? It's ridiculous taht none of the R16 matches have even started except for Tsitsipas.
Well they couldn't! It's a 48 draw. So seeds get a bye and their opponent is determined from first rd.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
i've questioned this. they need to hope all the matches finish today. i imagine guys will start doing the math and tanking soon enough.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Looks like they are trying to get all the R32 and R16 matches done today

Rubin, Rublev, and de Minaur will have to play twice today. But if they get all the matches in, they should be back on schedule

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
The rain/storms have been really bad in the US this year and it is expected to continue. So it is going to be bad on tennis tournaments for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts