Mens Tennis Forums banner

So?

• No.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Yes, at least 1 slam in the next 2 years is guaranteed.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, but ATP should add players photos to their profiles.

Votes: 5 33.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's face it, we've all doubted Stanley before his AO 2013 performance. Not enough developed talented player, he's exciting to watch, but he's not a slam material. The same thing can be said about James Ward, especially the last part of the sentence. But I believe that James, the Warden of the North, will rise and quite possibly he will imitate Stan's success. Let's look at their similarities:

Both their surnames start at W like a winner. If Ward was named Nard or Tard, he would've not made it even to ATP tour.

Their backhands are the things of beauty, powerful Stanley's one is almost as good as the easy flowing just in the court James' one.

They've won their country very important Davis Cup matches-Stan against Kazakhstan and France, Ward against the USA. And both won in such a dramatic fashion as well.

Both have some sort of an obsession, Stanley likes women 10 years younger than him, Wardy likes Taylor Swift's music. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3148321/Andy-Murray-embarrasses-fellow-Brit-James-Ward-exposing-obsession-Taylor-Swift.html

Both have a photo on ATP's new website, but disgusting ATP mafia left out Wardy's profile in H2H section.

Both are the true nr. 2 in their country, Wardy should be around 13th place when he wins Wimbledon, currently he's 88th. Bedene doesn't count, he doesn't possess the true anglo saxon spirit.

Both have negative H2H against such a player like Dimitrov, very weird.

Only difference I can see is the luck of Wawrinka getting Magnus Norman to coach. Otherwise their slam results have been very similar in the same age, Stan had 2 more QFs at slams and 1 more Masters final, but Wardy made a Queens SF, which only Peak Wawrinka boosted by his AO victory could've achieved.

Conclussion: Norman can't stay with Stanley forever and to every tennis' fan it's obvious he'd love to have Ward as his ward. If that happens, the true question is: How many slams will James be able to win? I think Stan's numbers are quite good, but James is overall much more talented player, so 4 is a minimum. What do MTF think?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does S'hertogenbosch count as a slam? If so he will have none.
He should, enhanced Wawrinka made the Hertogenbosch final in 2013, so either that or GOATport, but I'm worried he'll be too tired after Wimbledon.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he surpassed Roger's 17.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
OP = legend

on the ward bandwagon now :worship:

·
Registered
11,206 Posts
The only event that is possible to happen is .... Wawrinka can become the new Ward

1 - 13 of 13 Posts