·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said yes

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know- I do know that the most vulnerable Djoker looked at Wimbledon was his match vs. Bernie. Kid has some serious game on grass.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Only of he trades his soul for tennis talent and injection of humility.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
He was junior champ when he was I think 15-16 or so. Though he hasn't been paying like one.

Federer who has played with him on practice occasions has said that he's got potential.

We'll see if he will hit the level of Soderling, Berdych, etc. or surpass it.

I can see him become a top 8, but I'm not sure if he can become a competitor.

We'll see when he turns 22.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Federer also said Djokovic had a longer way to go than Gasquet. Trust him at your own risk :haha:
:spit: Some of the stuff that Roger says :lol:

Back on topic, nah Tomic definitely needs to improve his movement, will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Federer also said Djokovic had a longer way to go than Gasquet. Trust him at your own risk :haha:
you guys are idiots; Gasquet and Djokovic are similar age and at the time he said that Gasquet was certainly the more promising of the two; the whole tennis world had huge expectations for Gasquet and believed he would become SOMETHING. who would have known that he would collaspe into very little due mostly from poor training and dedication and a bit of drama related to drugs.

and you are kidding yourself if you all believe that Djokovic has more talent than Gasquet. Talent was never the issue, just as one could argue that a Nalbandian is more talented than Djokovic. Gasquet has fantastic talent but he never has put the true effort into dedicating his entire life. not only that but talent is not the issue regarding Gasquet, it is more the physical nature of the game and most importantly, the mentality required in tennis.

Djokovic is a much stronger played physically (he is far more flexible and can last for a longer period of time) and has a huge mental edge. Talent is not where the line is drawn because Gasquet has more.

As far as tomic is concerned, he has the game but off of grass unless he improves it drastically, there is no way that he can cover the court enough to win a GS, too slow

Reactions: Verd

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Based on what I just saw, I'm not too sure about that, at least for the time being. Nole has a more punishing game and he's much fitter than Tomic is right now. They're two totally different players.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Movement will be Tomic's biggest obstacle, followed by the serve which should be a lot stronger for his height. What he has got going for him is his age, and I just can't see the field being this strong in 5 years time.

·
Premium Member
21,474 Posts
you guys are idiots; Gasquet and Djokovic are similar age and at the time he said that Gasquet was certainly the more promising of the two; the whole tennis world had huge expectations for Gasquet and believed he would become SOMETHING. who would have known that he would collaspe into very little due mostly from poor training and dedication and a bit of drama related to drugs.

and you are kidding yourself if you all believe that Djokovic has more talent than Gasquet. Talent was never the issue, just as one could argue that a Nalbandian is more talented than Djokovic. Gasquet has fantastic talent but he never has put the true effort into dedicating his entire life. not only that but talent is not the issue regarding Gasquet, it is more the physical nature of the game and most importantly, the mentality required in tennis.
I'm not a huge fan of Bodo, but in his article written nearly five years ago he said Nole >>>>>> Gasquet; not sure when Fed said that though :)

·
12,691 Posts

Djokovic is a much stronger played physically (he is far more flexible and can last for a longer period of time) and has a huge mental edge. Talent is not where the line is drawn because Gasquet has more.

As far as tomic is concerned, he has the game but off of grass unless he improves it drastically, there is no way that he can cover the court enough to win a GS, too slow
:haha:

Gasquet is not even more talented than Murray let alone Djoker, moron.
You may reach the QF in ACC. Keep going.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Fortunately there is no, and general enough to write nonsense, boy just at the beginning of the journey, and such pressure can only hurt him. There were many such examples in tennis.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
They play nothing alike, and are nothing alike in general, will have vastly different success in tennis, so no, no he will not.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts