Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will lead H2H when all is said and done?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
justice for all
15,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From 0-5 to 4-6 after today’s win. 4-1 in last 5 matches.

And could have been dead even 5-5 with a different outcome of a close Madrid SF.

Will Dominic turn around this rivalry and end up with a winning H2H?

Or will Novak keep Domi at bay and retain the lead?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I think it's a good matchup for Thiem. He just shoots Djokovic down if in form (similar to Wawrinka despite the latter's bad H2H). Another RG win could be coming next year. Does Dominic have the advantage on HC now as well? I don't know, I don't think this single match can judge it but it is possible. Overall I'm thinking yes, he will likely lead the H2H in the end.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i hope he will have a positive h2h against big3, this year he improved from 7:15 to 13:17

...btw wouldn't it be cool if he beat Rafa in SF and the winner of Fed/Djoker in the final!? ... and then i woke up and the whole bed was wet!

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
Of course he will, Thiem is simply the better player between them, the only problem are his dentencies to choke on tight scorelines but he seems to have gotten over this lately.
Next year he will be leading the H2H if Djokovic doesn't try to avoid him.

Reactions: guitarra

·
justice for all
15,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hope he will have a positive h2h against big3, this year he improved from 7:15 to 13:17

...btw wouldn't it be cool if he beat Rafa in SF and the winner of Fed/Djoker in the final!? ... and then i woke up and the whole bed was wet!
Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for it to happen in the SF or F. Would be just icing on the cake. Nadal must deliver though and advance.
BTW - when was the last time a player beat all the BIG3 back-to-back in one event? Wasn't it Nalbandian back in 2007?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
As with any rivalry between top players of different generations, it would only be natural if the younger one turns it around after losing a few early matches. The age difference between Thiem and Djokovic is only a few months larger than the age difference between Djokovic and Federer actually.

·
Registered
16,375 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Of course he will, Thiem is simply the better player between them, the only problem are his dentencies to choke on tight scorelines but he seems to have gotten over this lately.
Next year he will be leading the H2H if Djokovic doesn't try to avoid him.
By 26 Djokovic was a multi-slam winning champion and had beaten Nadal and Federer multiple times in slams. There is no way on heaven or earth anyone other than a drunk money would class Thiem a better player.

He's not even a better player right now when you look at the ranking and recent form.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts