Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know? It was early May last year, so we should have heard something by now. I thought they said last year that it would switch to Switzerland for 2008?

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
No not this year.

Would have been better to do something more interesting like Roddick vs Ferrer on a split surface. Federer and Nadal are both very strong on their "least favourite" surfaces.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Grass isn't Nadal's "least favourite surface" anyway... But it was a great idea, the #1 and #2, who have competed against each other in back to back RG/Wimbly finals, both masters of each surface, opposing styles etc... I have to admit with Fed's recent drop in form I've suddenly realised just how much I've enjoyed the duo at the top that weve had for the past 3 years. I hope it never ends :sad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
No not this year.

Would have been better to do something more interesting like Roddick vs Ferrer on a split surface. Federer and Nadal are both very strong on their "least favourite" surfaces.
Roddick on clay vs. Ferrer on grass ?
It would be one hell of a ugly match :ras::crying2:

·
RAVE ON
19,788 Posts
Rafa on ice, where he is already 1-0 against Venus and Fed on a bed of birdshit, after all the crow he's eaten lately.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
it was a great idea just for once. There are big rumors theyre trying to get it to be here in Egypt at the pyramids but its not gonna work for sure. It worked once and it can never be the same again. I might be wrong though.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Fed is overdue to an exho methink.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Maybe Roddick/Nadal half hardcourt/half clay, make Roddick play on the hardcourt side the entire match so his serves get blunted by the clay.

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
I seriously doubt that any of them want that.

They dont want to waste time with those exhos. Not now at least.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
How about next time we divide the court into four and have one for clay, one for grass, one for hardcourt and one for carpet. That would be challenging! ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
wouldnt work because they have to change shoes for different surfaces

1 - 15 of 15 Posts