Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you visit the AO 2008 site, it seems like they will be streaming matches from there, but maybe I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Eurosport had a livestream subscription for AO last year but I haven't been able to find anything for this year's AO yet. I hope they do since especially the AO is very bad for my nightrest so the eurosport service would be much appreciated. Guess we'll just have to regulary check the eurosport website to see if they mention it.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I'm not mistaken Eurosport had a livestream subscription for AO last year but I haven't been able to find anything for this year's AO yet. I hope they do since especially the AO is very bad for my nightrest so the eurosport service would be much appreciated. Guess we'll just have to regulary check the eurosport website to see if they mention it.
Problem is they never make a lot of publicity on the website.
For RG & USO it worked fine. I was able to ask matches on demand until almost 6 weeks after the tournament, so I hope they'll have it for AO too

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Will Eurosport provide a similar service with matches on demand? Any links?
I'm guessing yes and I'm guessing nobody will hear about it until pretty much the Sunday before.

They seem to not want anyone to use the service they go to all the trouble of setting up because the advertising is always appalling :)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Hills are going to have 6 court live streaming of the AO. It will probably not be accessible for those in the US and Australia, but for everyone else, it should be fine.

http://australianopentennis.willhill.com/australianopentennis/EN/australianopentennis.asp
Thanks for that. WillHill really have stepped it up over the last few months. They use to have no Live Streaming at all. But six court live streaming is very impressive, especially if you don't have to pay for it which you usually don't on the gambling sites.

I'm guessing yes and I'm guessing nobody will hear about it until pretty much the Sunday before.

They seem to not want anyone to use the service they go to all the trouble of setting up because the advertising is always appalling :)
Indeed it seems very strange. I'm just guessing but maybe they don't have the capacity yet to provide the service for many customers. It's still relatively early days and maybe they're trying to discourage too many people from subscribing.

In any case, it all looks very promising this year. It sounds like we'll have the luxury of choice with the AO website potentially also providing live streaming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts