Mens Tennis Forums banner
181 - 200 of 202 Posts
The last thing USA needs is to go to war with Iran, the war in which they can't win but can lose a lot. They've been militarily present in the Gulf for 30 years and are now losing their ground. They need to find the way of how to withdraw their troops from this area without losing their reputation. If they don't take care of growing dominance of China - this is their primary problem - US world hegemony might soon come to the end.

Since a short, victorious war with Iran is not possible, Trump will continue entertaining the crowd with all sorts of victorious statements up until the elections.

No one planned a war. Each has their own patriotic cattle to please. Trump pleased his own with taking out ( very controversial and having a lot of enemies even among Iran elite ) Soleimani, Iranian leadership pleased thrir one with punishing Great Satan with Iranian might ( sending their precision weapons yo hit some dunes and some useless crap in the remote corner of US airbase ).
For every reasonable outside observer this tennis match was an obvious fix, or an exhibition, if you like. Both sides were very, very deliberate of not doing real harm to each other.

Manipulative liberal media. Moronic are those who follow and believe it.
Trump still being a whiny child, complaining that his aides tell him it would not be right to hit cultural sites. "Why can they do what they want, but I can’t", he whines And tosses his rattles from the Baby Trump pram.

Something though really bugs me when I look at US trajectory in military technology.
US was delivering a wonder weapons all the time until like 2008.
Tomahawk back in 70s, Patriot in 80s, drones MQ-1, then MQ-9, F22.
Those were revolutionary and head and shoulders above what others had, decades before others had anything comparable.
But now, nothing. We are still using them.. What did we get in last 15+ years, F fucking 35?
I understand Obama's lost decade, that was going to have had a major negative impact and will have for decades to come.
But still, it's mindboggling that US loses technological edge and seems to be OK with that.
S400 vs Patriot? Russian system is head and shoulders better.
Air-to-air missiles, tanks, hypersonic weapons, US stuff is not even close to being the best. Russia and China catching up in planes too .
And we seems to be ok with that?

Iran sends 20 missiles to our base and all we can do is to hide? No air defense whatsoever?

Something though really bugs me when I look at US trajectory in military technology.
US was delivering a wonder weapons all the time until like 2008.
Tomahawk back in 70s, Patriot in 80s, drones MQ-1, then MQ-9, F22.
Those were revolutionary and head and shoulders above what others had, decades before others had anything comparable.
But now, nothing. We are still using them.. What did we get in last 15+ years, F fucking 35?
I understand Obama's lost decade, that was going to have had a major negative impact and will have for decades to come.
But still, it's mindboggling that US loses technological edge and seems to be OK with that.
S400 vs Patriot? Russian system is head and shoulders better.
Air-to-air missiles, tanks, hypersonic weapons, US stuff is not even close to being the best. Russia and China catching up in planes too .
And we seems to be ok with that?

Iran sends 20 missiles to our base and all we can do is to hide? No air defense whatsoever?
Did you every get delivery from Amazon of your Russian army super suit? The one that would make you invincible?
oh wait.....production was cancelled and they just bought them from France.

Not sure there is much to tall with Iran after its people intentionally shot at civilian airplane.
With two misiles! And lying about it so far... Iran has not said a single truth yet.
1. It was an accident.
2. We did it by mistake of one man.
3. It was one misile (
two)
4. We took it for a cruise misile (wich fly at 4x the speed of a plane taking off and are a fraction of the size)

181 - 200 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.