Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will the tennis Gods give us Fedovic???

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • *Heavy (South?) British accent "Ya fooking nitwit GOATchi, ya gona JINX it!!"

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a far cry from 2016 Australian Open!

Now we have 10th ranked Djokovic and 2nd rank Federer on opposite sides coming into the Semis.

Djokovic is finally in decent form again; sometimes looking close to his 2015 level, with his consistency, power and going from Pencilvic to Fishovic (Warning Djokovic shirtless pic NSFW and your eyes!)

Not only that but Djokovic is ROARING, CURSING and being the real warrior that he is. Not some wimpy "Hug it till you win it" guy. Look at this fack!ing Roar!

Federer is also looking decent enough and he showed us brief glimpse of vintage Federer in parts of the 2nd and 3rd set. (Sorry no loop of that delicious rally between Fed and Wawrinka)

Airfed from Mayer

Now we are at the WILL of the tennis Gods

Will they be merciful on us and somehow make Cilic and Goffin lose or will they once again ruin the fun for MTF and the tennis world by stopping this matchup with a Goffin or Cilic win?

2018 deserves a 3 setter between two legends of the game. Especially if it means Djokovic has to play Federer for his only missing Masters title!!

So what do you think MTF? Are the tennis gods with us tomorrow?

·
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been 31 months, really long ago.

Watching how Djokovic wears Federer down for 2+ hours to celebrate the victory in epic fashion in front of hundreds of rabid Federer fans is such a lovely experience.
So what do you think the Tennis Gods will do?!?!?

I would love for a 2+hour breakdown of EITHER player. Would be utterly superb!
@MIMIC if you don't vote. I will hunt you down and tell you how ashamed I am of you.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I am waiting for this for ages.

There is not enough fish in the world to prevent Djokovic from losing against Federer 2.0

·
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am waiting for this for ages.

There is not enough fish in the world to prevent Djokovic from losing against Federer 2.0

How much vodka will be drunk if Federer wins?

·
Banned
74 Posts
This match is very likely to happen because last time Djokovic and Federer lost to Cilic and Goffin respectively. And Big 3 players rarely get defeated twice in a row by the same non Big 3 player. Furthermore, Djokovic has already lost to Cilic twice in a row, so the probability of losing for the 3rd time is very low.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Furthermore, Djokovic has already lost to Cilic twice in a row, so the probability of losing for the 3rd time is very low.
That's not how probabilities work

In fact, the probability that he will lose yet another one gets higher the more he loses to Cilic

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
How much vodka will be drunk if Federer wins?
No need to poison my mind for this classic on a quick surface.

I have to save all vodka for the US Open, especially when the fucking surface plays as slow as last year, making it basically the second clay Slam and an invitation of disgusting pushers to go deep and hence ruining the sport.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I don’t want it this week tbh. Not confident of a Fed win like I would been last year or pre-Wimbledon
Federer is enough mentally strong to take the advantages of what Dimitrov, Mannarino or Raonic didnt finish.

Federer has the Tennis (enough agressive) and takes the risks to straightset Djokovic, the question is if he is gonna be calibrated for that match. It is on Roger's Raquet.

·
|
14,288 Posts
Djokerer rivalry a lot more interesting in best-of-3-sets because its very predictable in best-of-5-sets (Djokovic won their last 3 US Open meetings, last 3 AO meetings, last 2 Wimbledon meetings).
Best-of-3-sets its even money.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Not sure Djok will get past Cilic, I don't think Djok is at his best, he got off the hook against Raonic, Cilic should be tougher than that.
Hard to say Goff will beat fed but here's hoping.
I would normally want a Djokerer, but I'm not sure Djok would handle Fed at this point on this v fast surface.

Go Goff!!! lol he did beat Fed WTF.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts