Mens Tennis Forums banner

What will the tennis gods do?

• Djokovic vs. Nadal will be the French Open Final, lasting 4+ hours.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Dokovic vs. Nadal will happen but one player will routine the other one..

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Thiem or other player will ruin the fun and play against Djokovic

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Thiem or other player will ruin the fun and play against Nadal

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Neither Djokovic or Nadal will even get close to meeting each other and lose early.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • David Pics Ferrer. Any Problem cannot be found.

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
10,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Nadal and Djokovic haven't had the same rivalry since 2013 French Open on clay. Sure they have played each other on hardcourt / Clay / even grass , but nothing has really matched up to FO 2013.

At their peak, both of these guys play brutal baseline tennis and refuse to lose and you can guarantee more than 3,000,000 people would tune into this match. The question is if it will be the epic that us tennis fans deserve or will we have a routine straight sets match and or one guy doesn't make it ... or neither of them make it!

33/34 year old respectively , but still probable favorites to make the final.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I hope so, but I'm not sure if Nadal will make the final. The temperatures will be really cold (the ball will bounce much lower). The final could be played in 50 degree temperatures. That will favor Novak by a lot, and I would expect him to easily beat Nadal in the final.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It would be lovely to watch Djokovic – the only active player to defeat Nadal @ RG – to take this title and complete the second CGS. I only have a feeling that something or someone is gonna spoil that and take Dull out before they meet in the final.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
319 Posts
I hope so, but I'm not sure if Nadal will make the final. The temperatures will be really cold (the ball will bounce much lower). The final could be played in 50 degree temperatures. That will favor Novak by a lot, and I would expect him to easily beat Nadal in the final.
Bro it's going to be 80 degrees. 🤷‍♂️ It's not being played in January

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
That's not what it shows. The two-week weather forecast currently shows 69 on September 27. If we look beyond that, it's going to get colder (even in the 50s).

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Djokovic will defeat Nadal in the final, yes. I won't say he'll routine him as that would be disrespectful to the clay GOAT, but I don't think it will be a 5 set epic either. Djokovic in 4 reasonably tough sets is my prediction.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Djokovic will defeat Nadal in the final, yes. I won't say he'll routine him as that would be disrespectful to the clay GOAT, but I don't think it will be a 5 set epic either. Djokovic in 4 reasonably tough sets is my prediction.
3-4 sets sounds about right. But given the weather, Nadal will find it really difficult to even take a set I feel.

·
Registered
29,016 Posts
80 degrees, ffs take this Farenheit shit elsewhere

·
Registered
77 Posts
it won’t be in the 50s either and Nadal will have no issue with cold weather. He’s won it playing in crazy wind and rain before. There won’t be an issue at all for him weather wise and im sure he’s been training hard for that

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Weather also will be in the 60s or around the 17-21 degrees mark and there’s the chance of an October heatwave also

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
The real epic F would be Nadal vs Thiem. I hope we have that. Faker will pull all his tricks but should probably lose earlier to some random 'mug', if not get DQed.
You are something else haha

·
Registered
29,016 Posts
I'll speak in celsius when when you stop speaking in English, but you won't because it's a dominant language. By the way, i'll be driving 65 MILES per hour later.
Hold on, why is this clown acting like the US invented English? Strange
Btw I can actually switch languages when I want, it's quite neat. Not that the linguistically challenged population in the land of the Whooper would understand. Good luck in the coming election btw kekeke

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hold on, why is this clown acting like the US invented English? Strange
Btw I can actually switch languages when I want, it's quite neat. Not that the linguistically challenged population in the land of the Whooper would understand. Good luck in the coming election btw kekeke
Hi, I'm French by the way, but at least you got your cheap shots in towards America. 😎 :rolleyes: Such anger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would be lovely to watch Djokovic – the only active player to defeat Nadal @ RG – to take this title and complete the second CGS. I only have a feeling that something or someone is gonna spoil that and take Dull out before they meet in the final.
One of the most peculiar things around these boards is to read these kinds of posts where posters heavily predisposed in their favourite player's favour without giving any explanation or factual basis.

Nadal has a 6-1 H2H at the FO against Djokovic. Djokovic hasn't reached the final since 2016 whereas Nadal won all three tournaments since. Nadal in 2017 defeated Thiem in straight sets who in the previous round defeated Djokovic in straight sets. In 2018 Nadal defeated Thiem in straight sets who defeated Cecchinato in straight sets who crashed Djokovic out in the QF. Last year Nadal served two breadsticks to Thiem who beat Djokovic in the SF.

These are the facts—no ifs and buts. Djokovic wasn't good enough at the FO for three years straight to beat players who went on to get soundly beaten by Nadal. Match-ups can only mean so much when there's a pattern here. Since 2016, Djokovic won 2 AO, 2 Wimbledon and 1 USO titles but hasn't even reached the final at the FO. This means it has been his weakest Slam for quite some time now.

So forget fan bias now. What makes anyone seriously think that Djokovic will even make it to face the 12-time champion let alone beat him?

Reactions: JediFed and paca

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Isn't the men's final supposed to be on October 11? If so, the average high temperature for that day is in the low 60s, and the average low in the high 40s.

In fact, the record high temperature for that day is only 73.4 degrees!!

Hit 80 degrees for the men's final??? Ain't happenin'!!! :D

1 - 20 of 79 Posts