Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If Monfils makes it to the QF since RG traditionally schedule 1 QF on Chatrier and the other on SL..the Ultimte disrespect to RG-GOAT :eek:

This is very possible if: Home favourite (Monfils) VS. Murray (yet to play on Chattrier in RG 2014)

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Re: Will Nadal-Ferrer match be relegated to Suzan Lenglen?

Not really disrespectful as it's to be expected when a Frenchie makes it to that round. Real problem is simultaneous scheduling of QF's in the first place.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Not really disrespectful as it's to be expected when a Frenchie makes it to that round. Real problem is simultaneous scheduling of QF's in the first place.
Monfils vs. Murray is a no-brainer with all the caveats i mentioned..But the French quirky simultaneous last 8 matches is one of the most ridiculous scheduling schtick on the Tour..As for the disrespect, obviously after the Ginepri brouhaha, this is bound to raise the question since Nadal-Ferrer could be a heavyweight Clay battle that only a Nadal-Djokovic Final has the potential to top..

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Can they put both male QF matches in PC? I love WTA but the QF matches in bottom half looks uninteresting to me.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Unfortunately not they always have one womens match, if Monfils gets through they should be on SL...

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
Of course in an ideal world you would have both mens matches on Chatrier and the womens on Lenglen, but due to feminism, etc., we have what we have.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Of course in an ideal world you would have both mens matches on Chatrier and the womens on Lenglen, but due to feminism, etc., we have what we have.
This.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What an idiotic thread. SL is a big court and everyone who plays there should feel honored.
What is idiotic about this conjecture? we are down to last 8; Nadal has already played there; Nadal is 8 time RG Champion, and this the rematch of last year's Final..Is that enough for you?? It is not a blasphemy but it is legitimate query..And the simultaneous QFs RG opts for is downright pathetic scheduling choice...

·
23,064 Posts
Hmmm...you are right. Last time, I really see no problem with it in the 1st Round. That being said Monfils is the star attraction for the locals here (and has been in SL for 2-times already I think) while Murray has been relegated to the lower courts and hasn't yet been given a Center Court match, and with a 1:1 men's:women's ratio in one court I think they have no choice but put Nadal-Ferrer there, so it is kind of disappointing that the rematch of the Finals won't be put there (that being said let us just wait before saying our rants shall we?).

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

This. Scheduling both QFs at the same time is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Both matches should be on PC.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The only people who should be legitimately annoyed are Nadal fans who have tickets for PC. Otherwise, what's the big deal? If I am a Parisienne with PC tickets, pretty sure I am going to prefer a fun matchup that includes a local boy, rather than a gruntfest of retrieving. Also would be good for Muzz to have a run out on PC.

Ultimately, whatever happens, I agree with the previous commentator.They are both great stadiums with good atmosphere....I'm sure all players will be happy, let alone one as humble as Nadal. <g>

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Andy has been off PC the whole tournament, and the French players have been playing on PC quite a bit, so I would be surprised if they don't put Murray-Monf on PC

1 - 20 of 47 Posts