Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5:05 here

I said it in the live score thread right as it happened

Nadal was serving down 0-1 0-30, 2nd serve, after Verdasco had hit some winners and was building momentum. It was a tough rally and at the end Nadal passed him with the backhand and got really pumped up

He went on to win that match and didn't drop a set on the way to the title, progressing with each match.

Now we gonna see, but I think that shot saved his career. If he missed that, 0-40, 0-2, Verdasco is on fire, Miami again, it is over

Now with the win, Nadal has confidence and is ready to wreak havoc in North America :D

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
If Nadal can make it to at least the SF in Montreal then I might be impressed. As of now its hard to say whether he's "back" or not. I'm still not convinced. I think he has a long way to go.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Lmao I think that's a slight overreaction Groove. Besides, Rafa doesn't need anything to "save" his career, he doesn't need to win another match ever again with all he's already accomplished.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
a passing shot doesn't magically make you younger and take the pain and strain away from your weathered knees i'm afraid

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I'm not thinking so.

The only shot I can think of that saved someone's career was Federer's inside-out forehand against Haas RG 2009

·
Your visions will happen
48,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5:05 here

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Lmao I think that's a slight overreaction Groove. Besides, Rafa doesn't need anything to "save" his career, he doesn't need to win another match ever again with all he's already accomplished.
Exactly. With 67 titles 14 slams and 27 masters he has nothing to prove. Everything else from here is just a bonus.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
:wavey:
If Nadal can sustain his level of luck anything is possible, except for winning the USO.
Oh great Yoda, oh wise one. Please pretty please tell me who will win the USO. So I can put my life savings on them and retire.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
He wins a weak 500 and you think his career is saved? No way. With fast hard courts coming up he'll struggle, trust me.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
LOL yeah the backhand saved Nadal's career :spit: I'm sure if he had missed it he would've been devastated and retire

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Yep, losing serve a billion times in the whole tournament will help him massively on a fast hc. But don't worry, magical bh pass is there for everyone.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
It would be poetic if a backhand pass turns his ailing career around and he finishes with 25+ slams after the ao 2012 miss.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How bizarre.

I was watching this live and after he hit this backhand I told myself, "If he goes on and wins Hamburg he will surely look back at this shot".

Yes, it was massive, very massive.

Did it "save his career"? Let's not exaggerate although funnily enough what Nadal needs right now is to play competitive matches, to find consistency and had he not produced such a beautiful backhand at such a crucial stage, maybe he wouldn't have played all the matches he played after Verdasco.

So I know what you're trying to say and if this win at Hamburg helps him to produce a nice run in the pre-US Open tournaments, who knows ...

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Love the Mugdasco miss at 5:04. :spit:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts