Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you think the 2020 US Open and French Open will take place?

• Both will take place

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Only the US Open

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Only the French Open

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Both will be cancelled

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters
221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Everything except class. Even the Americans are doing better than the French - the French still don't have more recoveries than cases.
you really think their official numbers on recoveries to be correct when the initial wave of infections ended 3 months ago? france has very incoherent reporting, that much is obvious, but just use your brain and think for a sec.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Madrid is about to be canceled. So, it's going to be Cincy/USO/Kitzbuhel/Rome/RG

If Nadal doesn't have the courage to play Cincy/USO, Novak will remain #1 no matter what result happens.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
We will see if either NY tournament stays open. Baseball is already thinking about closing down again.

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
you really think their official numbers on recoveries to be correct when the initial wave of infections ended 3 months ago? france has very incoherent reporting, that much is obvious, but just use your brain and think for a sec.
I can only use the numbers that I have. If you have better numbers I'll happily use them provided they come from a reliable source.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Madrid is about to be canceled. So, it's going to be Cincy/USO/Kitzbuhel/Rome/RG

If Nadal doesn't have the courage to play Cincy/USO, Novak will remain #1 no matter what result happens.
Totally forgot about those ranking implications, thanx for reminding & updating. The dilemmas seem to b getting bigger for the Mallorcan.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Ya, because you can really compare a team sport which isn't even in a bubble with tennis and Cincy/USO.
See Adria tour. ;)

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The WTA just restarted today with its first round of qualifying in Palermo, Italy.
It's too bad the ATP didn't reschedule one of the Euro clay events for this week.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think we should cancel everything. (fed cult, please help me out here).
USO, RG, etc... everything. And then - cancel the next season. Completely.
Aside from the covid, there's a danger of creating a tremendous harm to millions of delusional bandana-buyers if we allow that Siberian guy and that cute Spaniard to continue.
Covid took a toll, but the casualties from de-programming the fed cultists - including healthcare costs and self-harm prevention costs - would surpass everything and anything we've witnessed before.
So, my vote is to cancel it. CANCEL THAT SHI* !!!
In a decade or so - we can maybe come back. Or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think we should cancel everything. (fed cult, please help me out here).
USO, RG, etc... everything. And then - cancel the next season. Completely.
Aside from the covid, there's a danger of creating a tremendous harm to millions of delusional bandana-buyers if we allow that Siberian guy and that cute Spaniard to continue.
Covid took a toll, but the casualties from de-programming the fed cultists - including healthcare costs and self-harm prevention costs - would surpass everything and anything we've witnessed before.
So, my vote is to cancel it. CANCEL THAT SHI* !!!
In a decade or so - we can maybe come back. Or not.
Ever since you joined here, hardly any tournaments happened. For tennis to resume, maybe you should go away?!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ever since you joined here, hardly any tournaments happened. For tennis to resume, maybe you should go away?!
Just a coincidence.
Or is it?
I think we all need to be compassionate and stop this pandemic first, even if it means we all lay down and stop, actually, living. Also, we need to stop that Siberian guy and that Spaniard overachiever. And when I say "pandemic" - I mean the pandemic of broken and shattered illusions about the certain swiss salesman's grandeur.

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Infection rate per capita is higher in Australia than in NY area lol, Bartys retarded excuse is exactly that, retarded.
You got to be kidding?

Perez got infected not in a bubble, he went back to Mexico and later on a trip to Italy with his wife.
Because he left the bubble. I was being sarcastic. As a professional F1 driver, Perez was asked to follow the rules, but he ignored them.

You can organise all you want, people should act responsibly. It only takes one infection...

You right about general public relaxing to much and governments ignoring it until numbers get way too high. I dont see many people talking about this here, but theres a really decent chance that USO happens, but FO will not. Infection rate in autumn most likely will be much higher and harder to control with flue season starting. Thats why i think players like Nadal will not bank on FO happening and will give it all at USO.
Hopefully not, but yeah, that's what experts around the globe are saying for months now to make people aware of the importance of social distancing. Luckily they know more about the virus by then, but still no vaccine of course.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You got to be kidding?

Because he left the bubble. I was being sarcastic. As a professional F1 driver, Perez was asked to follow the rules, but he ignored them.

You can organise all you want, people should act responsibly. It only takes one infection...

Hopefully not, but yeah, that's what experts around the globe are saying for months now to make people aware of the importance of social distancing. Luckily they know more about the virus by then, but still no vaccine of course.
LOL

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Based on the article I read recently, I am expecting Feliciano to organize Madrid as planned and scheduled, with or without crowds.

Lopez being a little bit dramatic about things. I've got news for him, the ATP doesn't need all events to survive. Tennis is one of the richest sports, especially the governing bodies that are loaded.

Besides, what's wrong with business administration these days? It's like companies/organisations are ashamed of having a financial buffer. They're acting like any possible backlash needs to be compensated asap. Last time I checked the Madrid event is considered to be quite big so you'd expect some kind of financial buffer. Well, it is Spain of course so we should be happy they haven't asked the EU for financial support yet.

The article states Lopez thinks people will be able to travel freely and the borders are opening up within two weeks or so. The date of the article is 15 June 2020. So Lopez was talking about the beginning of July for this to happen? Look around mrs Murray's toyboy, it's August and countless planes are grounded at airports worldwide. Travel restrictions are all over the news.

(no offence to Lopez himself, love his game and he seems nice, but these statements aren't very realistic)

221 - 240 of 245 Posts