Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't think of anything that requires more video quality than tennis, there is a small ball, that travels fast (100-220Kmp/h) to be hit between sold lines and yet it's hard and painful to watch tennis because of that lack of video quality. I think ATP or whomever streams it should really upgrade quality to make it nicer to watch whether they go 4k at 120fps or 8k at 60 fps and partnering with youtube or whomever. It's expensive but there is really no choice. I know that I quit subscription to tennis tv because the quality was just not there.

·
10,119 Posts
Tennis tv can be close to HD, but yeah on bad days it is lagging and or pixel like quality.

If you watch a tv network provider they can have HD tennis and it is amazing, but that means you have to subscribe to Satellite or pay for a specialized network.

·
Registered
14,458 Posts
I am always asking: you have the most modern technology, it does not cost the world nowadays, but they are still trying to cut costs and to avoid using it.

Shameful behavior.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Tennis TV has increased their framerate since 2019, the overall quality is far better than it used to be. Most Prime streams are decent too. Pre-2019 most ATP streams were often fairly piss poor yes in terms of framerate, buffering and crashing..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually am using tennistv subscription and either sniff they livestream link to VLC player or download whole game as watching directly in browser is lagging like hell. But as for overall watching experience if you choose at least 1400 kbps quality I have no complaints. Now I use 27 " screen but I have watched those streams on 17" for years without problems. How much ball do you need to see? It is problem during clay court events but hard courts and grass is really watchable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts