Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it always felt as if he's never got much respect. even most federer fans say that federer keeps him around mostly because they're friends. then when annacone arrived most of them were happy because a great coach would help federer and find him find the way to success, something that luthi hadn't been able to achieve to the fans' standards apparently.

coupled to that, luthi is low key. unlike annacone, he doesn't do interviews, isn't on twitter and hasn't coached any big superstar before federer. in spite of the facts that federer has never publicly put one coach on top of the other (he's actually been fairly insistent on the idea that he's got 2 coaches on equal footing) or that luthi has been with federer for a much longer time, the ATP website only lists annacone as his official coach.

so what do you think, will luthi get more respect as times goes by? will he be regarded as a great coach in, say, 10 years' time, similarly to what it happened to annacone himself after he coached sampras?

A true player this luthi :worship:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Sev :bowdown:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Luthi gets plenty of respect already - most important, from the guy he works for. :yeah:

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
Well lemme see.

My opinion or Federer's?

I think I know the answer to that one.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,710 Posts
also a trusted umbrella carrier:

and babysitter

Stan supporter

Sev's custom racquet

:p

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Severin Luthi = Chuck Norris.

Impossible is nothing.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
This thread. :haha: abraxas' enlargement of the Luthi Davis Cup pic. :haha: I tried to rep you for that but I've given out too much rep in the past 24 hours apparently.

Great thread. :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Yes, I've always felt that Luthi has been under-appreciated by the tennis world as a whole. Even Pierre Paganini gets more positive press than Luthi at times (not to undermine Paganini's importance but he is only contracted for a few weeks whereas Luthi is on the road with Fed). In fact behind Mirka and his parents, I would place the likes of Luthi in the second tier of people who had the greatest influence upon Roger's success while playing at the helm of the men's tour.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Roger and Sev love each other..:unsure:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ljubicic steps in and Luthi still doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Who knows, maybe Sev was the one who fixed Fedmug's backhand...

Disgusting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts