Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are getting schooled in ITF's and Challengers, losing easily to less [less] (un)talented players.

Bubka is 28 years old and his best ranking was 145 in 2011. [current #1086]

Zemlja has same age and his peak was in 2013 - ranked 43. [current #878]

Sweeting [turns 28 in July] ranked #64 in 2011. ATM unranked

You all know their stories (injuries, marriage etc.)

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Zemlja can, the other two no. It's good that Sweeting is irrelevant now he was a boring pusher.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I think these guys are done, especially Bubka who had that terrible injury when he fell off a building. It's incredible he even came back. Zimlja was injured and has had a terrible time finding form since coming back. Sweeting just came back so the jury may still be out on him a little bit.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Doubt any of them will ever be top 150 again. If any of them has a chance, it is Zemja but I didn't even notice that he was already 28. Only time will tell how bad his injury affected him, but it looks like he's not close to his regular form which is a shame.

Bubka is unfortunately done and Sweeting is coming back for fun and probably because he is sick of being made fun of as a stay-at-home husband.

·
Registered
62,581 Posts
Bubka seems to be coming back in doubles if nothing else. Sweeting has 0 motivation, no chance unless that changes. Zemlja...maybe. He's been awful so far, but in a year he might be decent again

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Sweeting can't even compete. His first serve winning percentage was under 30% in both challenger matches that he received entry into this year. He also received bagels in both matches, both matches lasted under an hour, and both of his opponents went on to lose in their next round matches themselves.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
i really hope bubka can come back to the top. i really miss him out there =(

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Zemlja will, the other two won't, in my opinion.

Sweeting can't even compete. His first serve winning percentage was under 30% in both challenger matches that he received entry into this year. He also received bagels in both matches, both matches lasted under an hour, and both of his opponents went on to lose in their next round matches themselves.
Meister reached the final and Andreozzi the quarters, if I remember correctly. So you're completely wrong with that last point.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Thats sad.. but i guess thats what you get dating a Hollywood girl.. they fuck your head up

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Sweeting's tapping Cuoco, he's already achieved more than 99% of tennis players.
just tennis players? He literally tricked one of the coolest looking women alive into marrying him. I don't know what the deal is but clearly faked an amputated leg or saved a thousand puppies to make that s*** happen. I can't believe this

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
just tennis players? He literally tricked one of the coolest looking women alive into marrying him. I don't know what the deal is but clearly faked an amputated leg or saved a thousand puppies to make that s*** happen. I can't believe this
:/ she´s overrated.. in acting/looks whatnot.. please dude.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
:/ she´s overrated.. in acting/looks whatnot.. please dude.
I don't care about acting. I'd gladly take her home ... She seems like a nice girl who is a freak when it matters. Just how I like it. Sweeting is lucky to have her. Get real. He is not Nole, Fed, or Rafa to deserve her.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
What would your wife have to say? :eek:
lol. Well, I'd take her home to my wife to feed her properly. That's all I meant :devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts