Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday and Sunday are forecasted to be rain washed out.

Do not know if they can find an agreement to play on Monday and Tuesday (and if players agree to delay their arrival (and begin of training) in Paris) ?


Thought it happens once in Roma before but checked and not. I am pretty sure, as a kid, to have seen a final abandonned (with Connors ?) they even said they could play it another period of the year but never did it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
I think we will get at least a few hours of game (no rain) time on both days, Saturday and Sunday. Let's hope they will cover the courts and have a good water drainage.
 

·
|
Joined
·
14,295 Posts
I hope they don't try to play both semis on center court, if there are only a couple of hours available....
Got to get this done no matter what : )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think we will get at least a few hours of game (no rain) time on both days, Saturday and Sunday. Let's hope they will cover the courts and have a good water drainage.
On what we can have seen on Centrale yesterday (Del Potro Nole) and Grandstand the day before (Federer) and all over watering issues, I guess they do not.
 

·
Your visions will happen
Joined
·
47,134 Posts
Might be touch and go, on again off again but I think they should be able to finish by Sunday night
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,311 Posts
The forecasts aren't good but they could've been worse. There's a chance that the rain (convective in nature) will stop in the evening.

The problem is they have so many matches planned. Division into 2 (or more) courts may be essential.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,463 Posts
Currently the forecasts say no rain in the late afternoon, both for today and tomorrow, so there is hope if they schedule properly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Less than 30% precipitation after 4pm, so shouldn't be an issue to get both SFs in. Sunday shows little chance of rain after 5pm as well, so it should be alright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
Currently the forecasts say no rain in the late afternoon, both for today and tomorrow, so there is hope if they schedule properly
Not worth the risk - simply schedule 1 SF on each court. Since the Novak-Diego SF is on paper the less exciting one that should go on the 2nd court. They need to do the same with the ladies matches too, in fact especiually with the ladies matches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,915 Posts
Not worth the risk - simply schedule 1 SF on each court. Since the Novak-Diego SF is on paper the less exciting one that should go on the 2nd court. They need to do the same with the ladies matches too, in fact especiually with the ladies matches.
What if people have tickets for both matches? I think they will be fine, just should have scheduled semis one after the other given the circumstances.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top