Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this thread open a few years back but can't find it. So I ask you again: Since Sampras was present to give Roger #15, and for Nadal to give him #14 (but he failed to win against Stan), do you think Federer will be asked to present trophy #17 or #18 to Nadal? And should he accept?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
He will be doing that pretty soon. He will not want to do it, but he will probably have to, otherwise people will call him bitter.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He will be doing that pretty soon. He will not want to do it, but he will probably have to, otherwise people will call him bitter.
It'd be funny if he presents Rafa with #18 and then wins 2 more slams, so Rafa has to present him a trophy for breaking the new record. lol. Not going to happen though. Roger is probably done winning anything important.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
It'd be funny if he presents Rafa with #18 and then wins 2 more slams, so Rafa has to present him a trophy for breaking the new record. lol. Not going to happen though. Roger is probably done winning anything important.

I have hope that Federer might win one last Wimbledon this year. If it rains and they close the roof a lot, he might just surprise us. A guy can dream, a guy can dream. There might be life in the old dog yet.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Only retired players present the trophy. There's also some gap years before they would present I.e. Not one year after.

Fed might present Rafa's 25th. Trophy. Not 17 or 18. Any female players ever present male players?? We have Serena 17 to Margaret Court at 24. Navratilova, Chris Evert, Steffi, Helen Moody.

:)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Federer will still be playing when Nadal gets to 18 (I see that happening next year or 2016 at latest) so I'd say no.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
972 Posts
Nadal to win #17 in Australia.

More Fed tears for the world to enjoy.

Honestly, though, no chance that smug swiss **** will hand him a trophy. Probably be too busy combing his hair or trying get his bitch roddick a transplant.

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
No, he can win halle.. Wait you said important.. :angel:

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Federer could not stomach that.

If Nadal does overtake him in slam count (which I don't think he will) Federer will become a recluse and never seen on the tennis world stage ever again. Like Agnetha from ABBA until A

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I think it will be Slade actually. Hopefully without a gun.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
If Fed is already retired by then it's possible, but I highly doubt even if he retired tbh.
I can see it if #18 is Wimbledon. Greatest Grass player to ever play.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I have hope that Federer might win one last Wimbledon this year. If it rains and they close the roof a lot, he might just surprise us. A guy can dream, a guy can dream. There might be life in the old dog yet.
This.

Dont underestimate Federer. In fact even if he faces Nadal - I think the recent back and other issues have equalised the match up a lot. Esp on Grass

1 - 20 of 20 Posts