Votes: 9 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ivan Ljubicic is retiring in Monte Carlo. Gonzolas already played his very last match. Haas, Hewitt, and Melzer are on their last legs. Rumors have it that James Blake will be retiring this year. Roddick, Davydenko and Baghdatis has dropped off considerably and will never make the top 10 again :sad:

Everyone from the Federer era are going down like flies now. The only prominent ones are Ferrer and Fish.

Ljubicic was truly a class act, something younger classless tennis fans of chest/fist pumping Nadal and Djokovic could never understand, along with many of the other rivals from Roger's generation. :sad:

Is Federer going to be the last one to retire from his era?

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
I swear he's going to retire Rafa AND Nole :lol:

Resilient Mofo.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Ljubicic & Gonzo - gone
Blake & Ferrero - going?
Hewitt & Haas - out of the top 100
Roddick & Davydenko - way past their peak
Nalbandian - injured too much
Stepanek - 3 years older than Federer

Not sure who else to talk about.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Fat Dave won't go until he wins Davis Cup. Just waiting on Rafa and Pics to retire so he can lead a new generation of Argentine head cases into the final and win.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Hewitt will keep playing the AO + Wimbledon combo until he is 70.

Ajde :sad:

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
Hass has only played about 3 years on tour altogether so really he is only about 22.

Ajde.

Reactions: Verd

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Federer won't retire until he's 50 probably.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Yes, unless FEDERER breaks his tradition and gets seriously injured. I can see him being a factor at the biggest stages for anther 2 years to come really, so 2014-15 is my guess. For all we know, he is going to sit and watch some of the younger guys retire before him :rolleyes:

Its already incredible that this guy is still up there compete at a high level while all his contemporaries have gone out of the picture. The dude who has played more tennis than a few of them put together :eek: As fit and resilient as they come this guy :yeah:

·
Registered
59,354 Posts
Firstly, Baghdatis isn't the same generation as Federer. And yeah, probably, though Stepanek and Benneteau might play forever, if only in doubles

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Federer will probably outlive Nadal and maybe Djokovic aswell.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
To me, this totally depends on how long he can keep his level up. Regardless of what Federer says, I don't believe a champion of his stature will stay on tour once he no longer feels that he is competitive with the very best players out there. Once Federer drops out of the top 10, I can't see him just hanging around on tour.

However, he might very well be good and healthy enough to stay inside the top 10 until every other player from his generation has retired.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't think he'll retire before 35, unless he gets seriously injured. If he suffers a serious injury at 32/33 that will put him out for 6-12 months, I think he'll make a sensible decision and retire.

If he stays healthy, I don't think he'll having any trouble reaching at least the quarter finals of slams until the end of 2013, or even 2014.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I'm pretty sure Fed will outlive Nadal and maybe Djoković, however Murray is going to live longer than him due to less effort put throughout his career( frequent early round exits ).

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
To me, this totally depends on how long he can keep his level up. Regardless of what Federer says, I don't believe a champion of his stature will stay on tour once he no longer feels that he is competitive with the very best players out there. Once Federer drops out of the top 10, I can't see him just hanging around on tour.

However, he might very well be good and healthy enough to stay inside the top 10 until every other player from his generation has retired.
THIS! But i cant see Federer go out of top 10,he is too good and will retire being in top 10!God i dont want to think about that,tennis wouldnt be the same without Fed :sad:

·
Registered
837 Posts
WE REALLY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE him... don't want to think what will be if he gets injured..let alone retire...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts