Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because if he does, he wins for sure. Please do so and restore some respect to tennis. Pusherovic winning another Slam just isn't in the cards thank goodness

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Djokovic's backhand is one of the strongest shots in the game. Federer has to worry about his backhand being attacked. He has a shot to win if his ego doesn't get in the way, as it so often does. Too often he tries to go toe to toe with players who have a far superior backhand.

Reactions: Alex999

·
Your visions will happen
48,517 Posts
Federer needs to focus on the forehand to forehand rallies. He has the clear edge there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Djokovic's backhand is one of the strongest shots in the game. Federer has to worry about his backhand being attacked. He has a shot to win if his ego doesn't get in the way, as it so often does. Too often he tries to go toe to toe with players who have a far superior backhand.

Conventional wisdom what you say but I disagree. Too many opponents give Djoke's backhand TOO much respect. Fish challenged it and gave him problems. If Fish can do that, there are others more adept at giving him problems. Attack it and will mess up his rhythm.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
If Federer maintain his level as he did tonigh... that he should win it in 4 against Djoker

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Conventional wisdom what you say but I disagree. Too many opponents give Djoke's backhand TOO much respect. Fish challenged it and gave him problems. If Fish can do that, there are others more adept at giving him problems. Attack it and will mess up his rhythm.
Fish's backhand is his stronger wing. You are suggesting that Federer pit his weaker wing against Djokovic's best stroke. He will lose that battle all day long.

Reactions: Seingeist

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mix it up, keep it honest. Of course I expect Rog to pound the forehand. Djoke's time is up. LMAO people betting him for less than en even payoff to win the tournament.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
lol @thefish your hero fed is going to get his ass destroyed by the djoker

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
lmao all the haters are uniting and hoping for another fed win, nole in 4 sets and thats if fed plays good.
you must be kidding me. against Tsonga tonight Federer's level was WAY WAY better than any level of Djokovic's the entire tournament...

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
I remember that short chip on the ND backhand at RG and how many balls he netted off of that when he tried going down the line. Fed already knows how to own Djoke. He did it 3 times in a row at the tail-end of last year.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
This.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I remember that short chip on the ND backhand at RG and how many balls he netted off of that when he tried going down the line. Fed already knows how to own Djoke. He did it 3 times in a row at the tail-end of last year.
So what happened in Melbourne, and Dubai, and Indian Wells? :confused:

Yep, Djokovic's BH was off at RG, but by the end of the match he was coming to grips with things.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
lol fed the serve mug.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts

Yep, Djokovic's BH was off at RG, but by the end of the match he was coming to grips with things.
You might not want to remember but Fed gave quite a beating your little idol's smuggy face 3 times in a row and he's done it a fair bit before. It's time for another 3 straights now.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The only avenue that's open for attack is Djoker's forward/backward movement. If Federer varies his shots with volleys, he'll keep Novak from running away with this one.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts

His backhand wasn't off he just got outplayed by the better, more aggressive player :wavey: The match is always on Fed's racket and if he plays well he can hit it to both of Faker's wings and it won't make a difference. Go back to trolling on WTAworld :eek:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts