Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't see what Connors is doing for Andy's game, and his forehand is lost somewhere in the woods inside a dark cave. How long before Jimmy gets the pink slip? Personally I hope it's soon.

And who would you hire as Andy's coach if it were your call.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
I think he has to do something better than Get Rid of Connors

But, His strateage is suck in the game

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Do you really think that it is Jimmy's fault?

Do you think that it's Jimmy who is telling Andy to stand 20 feet behind the baseline or telling Andy to play a completely defensive game?

I don't think so.

Andy needs to start listening to Jimmy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is Connors broke? Why is he travelling the world with this mug?
I figure Borg is Roddick's next coach. Then Roscoe Tanner

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
He won't fire Connors. After all the supposed improvements Connors has made to his game, it would look pretty bad to dump him now that he's losing early in the majors. Plus, who else could he hire? He's going to all sorts of different sources for advice: Brad Gilbert, Dean Goldfine, his own brother, Jimmy Connors...who's next, Roger Federer? God?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
He won't fire Connors. After all the supposed improvements Connors has made to his game, it would look pretty bad to dump him now that he's losing early in the majors. Plus, who else could he hire? He's going to all sorts of different sources for advice: Brad Gilbert, Dean Goldfine, his own brother, Jimmy Connors...who's next, Roger Federer? God?
Federer is God.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I actually thought he and Dean had good results together:confused: Shit why not got Isiah thomas at this point.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I actually thought he and Dean had good results together:confused: Shit why not got Isiah thomas at this point.
Wasn't he working with Dean when he crashed out of the US Open in the first round in '05 and during early '06 when he could barely win a match?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
More like will Connors get rid of Roddick?

Andy should get on his knees and get Gilbert to take him back; when they were together was the last time I saw him play with any kind of potency and conviction.

Also; I like the earlier post about Connors being a better fit for Hewitt.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wasn't he working with Dean when he crashed out of the US Open in the first round in '05 and during early '06 when he could barely win a match?
yeah, but he won like 5 tournments that year and had a grand slam Sem-final and finals appearence. I think he needs top-level tennis coach not passion mcangry-pants as a coach.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts