Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Roddick qualify for WTF ever again?

• Yes

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 91.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All it takes is a top 8 finish but given his recent form for the past 18 months, is it too much to ask for Roddick to even make the WTF at this point his career?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
No just like Davydenko just like Nalbandian just like Federer 2012 .... it's just shame but time cannot be controlled ...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Will make it this year. I'm going to London to see the semifinals and I'd be disappointed if I have to watch Monfils-Fish or something like that. That would require quite a few extra pints. So forget about those chicken wings in Austin Andy and win some titles! Take Shanghai, have a few baquettes and take the Bercy as well! Hit that forehand with integrity.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
No, he has declined too much. He looked horrible all year and there is no going back now with his age and grinding style.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
The answer is a big NO. He is done. He has no forehand, no backhand and the serve is going too. The only thing he has going is a hot wife.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Roddick's mojo has gone the way of his hair. I think he should retire gracefully.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Probably the easiest question to answer in MTF history

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Don't think so.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Most probably not. He has been clinging on to a #7-8 ranking for the last few seasons, and it seems now that he has finally lost his grip. Unless he can go further in the Slams and Masters again (needs a few SFs), and also earn some strong results in optionals, he will always be playing catch-up.

However, it would be unfair to base this thread on his 2011 season. He has been unfortunate with illness and injuries this year, and if he is fitter next season the chances are that he would launch a better challenge for top 8.

Or maybe this will now be the norm. After all, he is almost 30, and his body has been withstanding the pressures of the pro circuit now for over a decade... :shrug:

Even if he does it'll end the same way it did last year.
This.

The WTF courts were playing painfully slow last year, but I'm not sure that it even matters for him anymore. The current top 4 are a horrible match-up for him regardless, and some of the other qualifiers are either also too physical for him, or have a better game anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts