Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legitimate question conidering many didn't even think he could do it in 2007..
I think Ferrer will do it and I hope Gasquet can follow .. He has to do better in Grand Slams though..

By the way is Noah still part-time coaching him for 2008?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I just have this really weird feeling that Ferrer could win Roland Garros at some stage, and next year makes sense.

Richard is definitely finishing in the top 10, but it's 50/50 whether he'll be in the elite 8 or not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think he could, but it really depends if he can be consistent enough through the year, he only got in last year by pure luck that he was able to pull through Paris with very few points ahead.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Next year will be critical for him. If he can turn his talent into results like he should, he will be there. If not, he will have a hard time reaching the top eight ever again.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
After losing to Murray in Paris Bercy 2008 he will finish 9th in the Race and miss Shanghai.

Reactions: Puschkin

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think if he keeps up this stronger mindset that he had towards the end of the year, there is a very good chance of him returning to the masters cup. Hopefully, he will develop a more aggressive mindset as well, but one can only hope.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Plain and simple: YES!

Reactions: Corey Feldman

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
He could be Top 5 and make a statement at the Masters or barely hanging in the Top 15. All depends if he has the confidence to believe he can win, the discipline to work hard on his aggressive game and stays injury free. Let's hope so cuz when he's on he is a thing of beauty to watch! And can challenge the best.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
If he doesn't have some serious injury,he'll probably make it again......but he can do so much better than that.
I would be pretty disappointed if the highlight of 2008 for him was that he made the TMC once again.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I think he will remain 6-10, whether he is 6,7 or 8 rather than 9 or 10 depends on things like injuries, draws etc...

·
Registered
772 Posts
He will finish the year no.1

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
It is more important for him to backup/improve his semifinal result from Wimbledon. Any slam would do. Having said that, he should make the TMC, if healthy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts