• No

Votes: 47 64.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are people buying into this? I feel like most of us had written him off before this year. I could see him getting 1 i think, maybe wimbledon.

PS: I feel like this thread has already been made but i searched for it and couldn't find one, so mods please merge it if it needs to be.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Why not? Post Djokodal era looks to be weak as fuck and the guy hasn't had a tough draw in years.

Also the Canadatards have been telling me that he is apparently now a talented offensive baseliner as well as a beastly server. Sounds pretty invincible.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Are people buying into this? I feel like most of us had written him off before this year. I could see him getting 1 i think, maybe wimbledon.

PS: I feel like this thread has already been made but i searched for it and couldn't find one, so mods please merge it if it needs to be.
He might fluke one if the draws in his favour but an alltime great he ain't. No fight in this guy, big and clumsy.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
I'm not convinced at all that he has enough to win one. You really can't serve your way to a slam; you're bound to run into at least one good returner en route to the title.

If he did win one, I'd be incredibly surprised.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
With Federer on the decline, Nadal well past his prime, and Murray looking lost and without drive himself, yeah, there's going to be a window there for Milos. It's not like his age peer group (Grigor, Kei, Bernard, Jerzy, Vasek) is especially strong. And it's not like Djokovic can win every single one into his 30s (or can he?).

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Of course he will. His ground game is improving all the time and his serve will always ensure he's a problem. He's been consistent top 20 for a while now and is now on the cusp of top10.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Also the Canadatards have been telling me that he is apparently now a talented offensive baseliner as well as a beastly server. Sounds pretty invincible.
Invincible? I don't know about that, but the combination has proven pretty tough for Murray in any case. :cool:

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Raonic surpassing Mugray in slam count would be the greatest event in all of sports :superlol:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I am still baffled by some Murray fans dislike towards Milos
1. He beats Murray
2. He is boring to watch
3. did I mention his h2h is 3-1 vs. murray
4. he is a serve bot
5. his tennis forum tards are excellent and therefore very annoying

·
Registered
899 Posts
He is still young and has plenty of years to improve. His serve remains difficult to return.
Add to that a pretty weak new generation, and it is likely that he will win at least one slam on a fast court.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
With Federer on the decline, Nadal well past his prime, and Murray looking lost and without drive himself, yeah, there's going to be a window there for Milos. It's not like his age peer group (Grigor, Kei, Bernard, Jerzy, Vasek) is especially strong. And it's not like Djokovic can win every single one into his 30s (or can he?).
Novak can. unfortunately. We all have known that since 2011 but now it is becoming true before our eyes. who is gonna stop him? Rafa was the only hope but only Novak mental cramps were his advantage.
Sad times for tennis ahead I am afraid. Novak is by far the most boring player, he is just too good too metronomic, plain too boring.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Novak can. unfortunately. We all have known that since 2011 but now it is becoming true before our eyes. who is gonna stop him? Rafa was the only hope but only Novak mental cramps were his advantage.
Sad times for tennis ahead I am afraid. Novak is by far the most boring player, he is just too good too metronomic, plain too boring.
Says a Nadal fan.Moonball to BH,repeat.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
So what you're saying is that it would be pitiful if he couldn't win one.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts