Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO his only chance is in the very near future, that is, if Novak loses focus on the ATP tour because of the baby. I think if Rafael doesn't become #1 by the end of this year, then he may as well kiss that ranking :bigwave: once and for all.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
IMO his only chance is in the very near future, that is, if Novak loses focus on the ATP tour because of the baby. I think if Rafael doesn't become #1 by the end of this year, then he may as well kiss that ranking :bigwave: once and for all.
Natalito can always take some 5-6 months off again, to (as newly born and revigorated) sweep the clay season from Vina del Mar till RG and then no.1 shall be a lot closer as well as GS no. 16 & 17, probably forcing Djokovic to take some time off too if he really preferred RG and GS titles to no.1 weeks.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
He's defending a lot in the rest of 2014. So unlikely he would do it this year.

In 2015, he's defending finals at AO. He can pick up some points on clay but is defending RG title. A Wimbledon 4th round defense.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Not likely in 2014. But he cant loose too many points next month.

2015 Nole after AO has alot to defend and maybe Rafa can regain pre RG. Thats a big maybe...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

Sorry, but this post is very silly. Silly boy.

Djokovic and Nadal lead the rest of the field by far in ranking points. It is likely that at some stage over the next year or so, Djokovic's level will dip sufficiently for Nadal to regain for a short while top spot.

Or do you see someone else breaking through in the next two seasons to rise to number one? Who?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
No chance after nole wins AO 2015 and nadal's prime is long gone by the middle of 2015 rolls around.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Probably.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lol at this fucking Indian Fedtard. If Novak fails at HC, he is ready to put the blame on Novak's wife and kid. Such high thinking and ideas, what more can one expect from a Fedtard!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rafa's doesn't have much to defend until next year's RG. So even if he doesn't get to No.1 by the end of the year, he has a good chance of being #1 during next clay season...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I think the gap is going to be pretty big after the USOPEN series and Nadal probably has to win it, even though Novak dominated Post USO last year Nadal also did very well by his indoor standards, I would lean towards no actually, but never count Nadal out, maybe some time around Miami next year.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
not this year, he could be close to dropping to #3 by the end of USOpen if he doesn't do well in the HC. He's defending 4000 points.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Novak has a lead of 460 ranking points as of now.

For the rest of the season, Rafa defends 6020 points and Novak 6030 points. Plus Novak will not be able to defend his 290 Davis Cup points.

So... It really is a very tight race! Anything could happen! :shrug:

I don't understand why people are writing Rafa off! It will be difficult (not impossible!!) for him to overtake Nole in the next couple of months, but by the end of the season, he will definitely have a shot. :confused:

I'm definitely not counting my chickens....And I hope Novak isn't either. :D

1 - 20 of 151 Posts