Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking whether he plays or pulls out of Halle depends on how he does the rest of the FO. Your thoughts?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He will withdraw

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
He will be retired after getting embarrassed in FO final. So know. He will not be playing after FO

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Depends how long his matches in SF and F are.

·
Your visions will happen
47,142 Posts
Depends how long his matches in SF and F are.
Yep.

Matches so far have been brisk, even today was not so bad. Plus Halle is a 28 draw, so Nadal won't have to play his first singles match until THURSDAY.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If he plays he will have a chance to play fed, Hard to believe he hasn't played fed on grass since that epic 08 wimby final

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, he played Halle in 2012 (lost to Kohlschreiber) and still lost in the 2nd round of Wimbledon to Rosol. I'm not sure if playing Halle really will make a difference in how well Rafa does in Wimbledon. Since 2010 Rafa hasn't won any grass titles... 2011 W final losing easily to Djokovic, 2012 and 2013 need I say more?

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Well, he played Halle in 2012 (lost to Kohlschreiber) and still lost in the 2nd round of Wimbledon to Rosol. I'm not sure if playing Halle really will make a difference in how well Rafa does in Wimbledon. Since 2010 Rafa hasn't won any grass titles... 2011 W final losing easily to Djokovic, 2012 and 2013 need I say more?
Yeah, making the final of grass slam is very easy, not means much..

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Actually doesn´t care, if he plays he won´t win it probably loose to some german guy early and grab what million EUR for appearence fees ? better not to play and let someone else to play there

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, but Rafa's loss in the 2011 Wimbledon final was the end of grass dominance for Rafa (2-3 since then). From 2006-2011 (he missed grass in 2009), Rafa was 37-6 on grass, seems to me his dominance on grass is no more.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Yeah, but Rafa's loss in the 2011 Wimbledon final was the end of grass dominance for Rafa (2-3 since then). From 2006-2011 (he missed grass in 2009), Rafa was 37-6 on grass, seems to me his dominance on grass is no more.
It is true he is declining on grass, but he's done what no else will be able to say, beat prime Federer in a Wimbledon final. :worship:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It is true he is declining on grass, but he's done what no else will be able to say, beat prime Federer in a Wimbledon final. :worship:
I think we both know that Federer in Wimbledon 08 was hardly in his prime. But it's still noticable archievement for anybody to beat him there.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I think we both know that Federer in Wimbledon 08 was hardly in his prime. But it's still noticable archievement for anybody to beat him there.
It was the end of his prime. He would have still beaten everyone he played 03-05 with that 2008 Wimbledon form.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I dont believe it, once he is able to pass to the wimby second week he will become one of the favorites there again. Mark my words.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts