Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Murray/Nole/Rafa be in the top 3 at age 34?

• Yes, they will still be top 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • No..

Votes: 37 77.1%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone loves calling Federer old man, grandpa, Olderer, but the fact is he is the No. 2 player on tour right now that can give anyone but Djokovic a run for their money and crushes the vast majority of the tour including the 18-26 year olds like:

Greatest player of his generation Coric
Humble Belgian Goffin
Copycat Dimitrov
etc.

So when time comes... will Murray/Djokovic/Nadal be ranked 2 and reaching slam finals at age 34? What say you Murray/Nole/Rafa fans?

·
Premium Member
8,868 Posts
No, they are not as talented as the Maestro.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Federer is not 34.

Federer fans are determined to age their hero to build up his achievements. It's beyond tragic.

#Insecure

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Nadal won't even be in top 20 at 34... Djokovic sure has chances... And for murray depends on his fitness then !!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Talent level is key here.

Nadull will be gone just after he gets his ass handed at RG. May be in this June or next.

Mug-Ray will retire at 30-31.

Djokovic will play in thirties like Federer.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Federer is not 34.

Federer fans are determined to age their hero to build up his achievements. It's beyond tragic.

#Insecure
Mug-Raytards just as dumb as him, may be bit more.

Roger is guaranteed to be second ranked player till the day of Wimbledon Final. He will be just one month short of 34 then and he has chance to retain the it after that too.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Depends on whether they are in prime or not. Djokovic has a more physical game so from my expert point of view I dont think so.

·
Registered
292 Posts
34 is a tough call but I do believe Djokovic will be in the top 3 until ~32 years old. Quite possibly #1 too.

I can see Rafa having another good year again and possibly winning a hard court slam as well and maybe getting back to #1 for a short period like in 2013, but I believe it will be at 30 years at most.

Murray has a couple more slams on him imo but getting to #1 seems hard since he's never been consistent in slams and masters at the same time. If he gets to #1 I don't see that happening at 34 that's for sure.

I believe Nadal will retire before turning 34 (probably 32-33) but I can see Murray and Djokovic hanging out until 34-35 years old.

·
|
16,187 Posts
Roig said Nadal will be a slam contender at age 33, and Roig knows best.
The thing many people don't realize is that after Nadal loses Roland Garros (if he ever does) he'll become a lot more motivated to win it.
So don't just try to forecast when Nadal will lose Roland Garros, try to forecast when he will get it back.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Why bundle them together? Makes no sense.

Djokovic will be top 3 at 34. Maybe even #1, if next generations prove to be compete mugs they look like now.
Nadal will be long retired, fishing in Mallorca
Murray will hover around 20-30 place. Top 50 for sure.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
The only reason he is number 2 atm is due to Murray's back surgery/recovery and Nadal effectively missing half the year.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Murray, Nadal and Djokovic are the top three players in three/four years time (Ferrer is moving as well as ever at 32/33 after all). The Dimitrov generaiton is a bad joke and the next generation all seem to be servebots with no return game except Coric who doesn't have a big serve or return game.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Of course not. Djokovic will still be #1, Nadal will be retired, and murray will follow in papa hewitt's footsteps and hover just outside of the top 100

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Federer is actually 46, he only picked up a racquet aged 15 and that is testimant to his other worldly presence and agless grace :worship:

I predict he will still be #2 aged 60 and then become King of China prior to asending to heaven

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Federer is actually 46, he only picked up a racquet aged 15 and that is testimant to his other worldly presence and agless grace :worship:

I predict he will still be #2 aged 60 and then become King of China prior to asending to heaven
Not just a King. The Emperor of China.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts