Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Novak win RG-15 without dropping a set ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
For the first time in his career he can win a slam not losing a set
He will likely lose a set to Murray and potentially a set in the final. It's possible for sure, but I'm not positive that it WILL happen.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
If Tsonga beats Stan, then Nole may get annoyed with the crowds and lose focus for a set. That's the only way I see him losing a set. Where do you go against him ? He is like The Wall keeping nasty white walkers at bay.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
For the first time in his career he can win a slam not losing a set
Glad you brought that up.Was wondering myself.

Winning title without losing a set

Player # Majors
1.Björn Borg 3 1976 Wimbledon, 1978 French Open, 1980 French Open
2.Rafael Nadal 2 2008 French Open, 2010 French Open
3.Ilie Năstase 1 1973 French Open
4.Roger Federer 1 2007 Australian Open

So far it's only been done 7 times since the Open Era.

Borg's 1978 performance is absolutely freaking insane.Barely lost a game each set.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Tough to predict because of first Djokorray match at RG which should be very interesting with both players being in their peak clay forms.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
He will lose a set.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I hope Novak is not as cocky as we fans. I'm sure he will take any kind of victory in the end, even if he loses 2 sets each in the next matches and barely wins it.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Tough call, but I think that it doesn't matter if he loses a couple of sets. The toughest opponents will come now, as Nadal didn't played at the level that Murray and Wawrinka can play. I think that if he defeats Murray in straight sets then he will make it, but who knows. Stanimal can show up (or even Tsonga with some huge serving).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts