Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope he will withdraw, but Main Draw is made.

Two questions:

any news about a withdraw?

in case of withdraw, will the Main Draw be unchanged except for a LL in place of Kei ? or what ?

Thanks a lot for kind answer :)

·
Bring it Home
20,645 Posts
Cilic may got his place in the draw and a LL could get the spot of Cilic, but I'm not sure.

But I think Nishikori will play, I heard he say he was just tired.

·
Premium Member
9,292 Posts
Cilic may got his place in the draw and a LL could get the spot of Cilic, but I'm not sure.

But I think Nishikori will play, I heard he say he was just tired.
You mean Raonic should get his spot since he is the 9th seed.

·
Bring it Home
20,645 Posts
You mean Raonic should get his spot since he is the 9th seed.
Hum, right, my mistake, Cilic actually is seeded 7th, he already has a bye.

But I don't know if this is the right rule. I'm no rule expert. I think it depends if Nishikori withdraws before or after the tournament start.

·
Premium Member
9,292 Posts
Hum, right, my mistake, Cilic actually is seeded 7th, he already has a bye.

But I don't know if this is the right rule. I'm no rule expert. I think it depends if Nishikori withdraws before or after the tournament start.
Yeah pretty much this but we know the little fraud won't withdraw before the first match. Anyway Raonic getting to play a R1 sounds better in his actuall condition.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Thiem-Klizan is starting in 1 hour, so no chances for Botnic.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Yeah pretty much this but we know the little fraud won't withdraw before the first match. Anyway Raonic getting to play a R1 sounds better in his actuall condition.
But positively Raonic still gets to play and possibly beat Rafa. :D Isn't that better to gloat about than an easy draw? :p

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
RE: Replacing Nishikori in the draw.

As the MD has been made AND the order of play for MD day 1 (today!) has been released, there will be no re-ordering of seeds.

If Nishikori withdraws before the qualifying competition has completed, his spot in the draw will be taken by a qualifier or lucky loser.

If Nishikori withdraws after qualifying players have been placed in the draw, his spot will be taken by a lucky loser.

This is similiar to Kohlschreiber/Ferrer at Wimbledon. Ferrer withdrew after OOP for day 1 MD was released, so was placed by a LL, not potential #33 seed Kohlschreiber

·
Bring it Home
20,645 Posts
Maybe for getting into playing rhytm, but Nishikori's quadrant is pretty soft as usual. QF's opponent is Berdych I guess.

And Tomic (projected R2 for Nishikori) has no clue on how to return Raonic's serve anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent and clear answer !

RE: Replacing Nishikori in the draw.

As the MD has been made AND the order of play for MD day 1 (today!) has been released, there will be no re-ordering of seeds.

If Nishikori withdraws before the qualifying competition has completed, his spot in the draw will be taken by a qualifier or lucky loser.

If Nishikori withdraws after qualifying players have been placed in the draw, his spot will be taken by a lucky loser.

This is similiar to Kohlschreiber/Ferrer at Wimbledon. Ferrer withdrew after OOP for day 1 MD was released, so was placed by a LL, not potential #33 seed Kohlschreiber

1 - 16 of 16 Posts