Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will they?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ranked 12 and 13 respectively at the moment, pretty sure both are top 10 in the race at the moment.

Will either of them, or both make the WTF's?

I can see Dimitrov doing it if he can continue to win a few 250's and 500's this season although he does need to improve his slam form.

Nishikori is a tough one because he will probably get injured soon.

Discuss and vote etcs

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Both in good form. 7th and 8th in the Race at the moment, so who knows, could be both?

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Ranked 12 and 13 respectively at the moment, pretty sure both are top 10 in the race at the moment.

Will either of them, or both make the WTF's?

I can see Dimitrov doing it if he can continue to win a few 250's and 500's this season although he does need to improve his slam form.

Nishikori is a tough one because he will probably get injured soon.

Discuss and vote etcs
360 pts. in his only slam under Rasheed. :cool:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Of the quartet in the Race's Top 10 (Nishikori, Dolgopolov, Dimitrov, Fognini), I give Grigor the best chance at qualifying for WTF. He's getting better at the majors, which was his main stumbling block prior to this year.

I don't see Nishikori's body holding up and the other two are so up and down that it's tough to see them piling up enough points at Masters and majors to make it in the end.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
1 slam does not suggest what his form is going to be in them going forward. Before that he had only made 3rd round once iirc, which is poor for a player of his standards.
Mostly because of poor stamina/preparation. Not a problem anymore.

On topic, I think they will be battling for 3 spots on WTF with Ferrer, Murray, Raonic and maybe Tsonga.

Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Berdych and Wawrinka pretty much guaranteed, barring injury.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
kei will make it but not dimitrov. I don't believe in his game against teh top players. kei is much more solid.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
I think if they keep up the form their in now they both have a good shot. With both though its always a question and with kei you throw in the constant issue of fitness. the other issue that both have is that they've yet to prove they can routinely do well at big tournaments. they need to bring this kind of form to the masters and slams where most of the points are

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I give Grigor the best chance as his game translates well to all surfaces and he's growing in confidence. Nishikori is playing well and could make it but it all depends on his body which regularly breaks down.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
If they will block Raonic from entering WTF I'm all for it

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
If Nishikori keeps his body ahead from injuries I am sure he will make them. Dimitrov looks good as well but I see Nishikori more able to defeat tough opponents. It would be great for tennis to see both of them in London, but it is still too early to talk about who will make it. I am sure that one of them will be there. Both? I don't know, it depends on how well their potential rivals (Murray, Tsonga, Gasquet, De Schepper, etc.) perform.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
It really is too early to speculate but I feel they both may be travelling to the World Tour Finals - one as the 8th ranked player and one as the first reserve. But they will be fighting for these spots along with Tsonga, Raonic and possibly Fognini or Cilic.
Ask this question again once the grass season begins in earnest :)

I hope Dimitrov can make it. Knowing the crowd at the O2 arena, he will get a great reception.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
i hope kei does!!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I don't think either will make it. I know this year has been an oddball of sorts so far, and that both are on track for the WTF at the moment, but I still think the old guard will hold up and surpass the youngsters as the year goes on. I think it'll be:

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Wawrinka
4. Federer
5. Berdych
6. Murray
7. Ferrer
8. One of the servebots (Raonic/Isner, probably the former)

I know Ferrer has been somewhat off his game so far, but I still think he'll do well at RG and the USO and he'll slowly accumulate enough points at 250s and 500s to sneak into the WTF sometime in October

Murray is something of a wildcard. Despite his tough road to recovery, I still see him making SF or better at Wimbledon. That's a bold prediction given his current form, but I have a hard time thinking he'll remain in this slump forever. Plus Nadal and Djokovic are considerably easier to beat on grass than any other surface, so that works in Murray's favor.

I'm hoping I'm wrong with the servebots at #8 (although as an American I'd be happy for Isner). I could conceivably see Dimitrov making it, even though he still has yet to prove consistency at slams (QF at AO is a good start, but need to see more) and Nishikori will probably get injured at some point.

·
Registered
21,270 Posts
I don't think they will make it tbh. Nishikori is prone to injuries and not sure if he will consistent enough to keep up these good results. Dimitrov is doing well as well but not sure if he will be able to keep this form throughout the year.

I think Federer, Murray, Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer, Berdych, Wawrinka and Raonic will make it.

Would prefer if Dimi or even Nishikori make it instead of Raonic though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts