·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple Question

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Doubt it...looks done to me. Sad day for tennis.

·
Banned
923 Posts
No.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't see his body supporting him anymore for those great lengths. He'll maybe comeback and play like before but atm it doesn't look like that. And not only RG, he lost his grass game and atm is ordinary on hc.

But he is a great athlete lets see what he will bring next year, maybe he'll bounce back.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
probably he will

Nadal is a person who relies a lot on having plenty of match wins to play well and patterns. he was about due for a loss anyway. sure, he looks slower and worse in general on court these days but all he would need is a season with good Spring season preparation and a fortunate draw for it to happen

anyone saying 'no' to this question is ridiculous, the guy has won the event 9 times and this is his first loss in like 6 years

·
Registered
793 Posts
Maybe one more! he has had two disappointing clay court seasons in a row, last year he made up for it by winning the French. today his ground shots were too short, he needed to come forward, yes I know he has won nine times from five meters behind the baseline but that tactic was found wanting today.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Will be very tough after the decline. The only thing that's going to win him won is his fight and Djokovic choking.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not with this level of play. He isn't even the 2nd best clay court player right now. But who is to say he can't improve some - maybe enough, whatever that may mean.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
He's not as fast on his feet as he used to be and that has always been the key to his success.
I do agree his decline in footspeed and power is making him wayyyy more susceptible to losses and making him have plenty of weakness on clay these days, but I don't think his performance against Djokovic today was really very good, even compared to average Nadal

1 - 20 of 73 Posts