Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal skip the French Open?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal's message when skipping the US Open was crystal clear: “The health situation is the first basic inconvenience when making my decision, The situation seems not in full control, so in this case, after consulting with my team, we decided to skip the US Open."

Is the situation in full control in France? Hell no! Cases surge exponentially. Cases reached a new high yesterday with 7'379. Main hotspot: Paris.

So will Nadal stay true to his word and skip his favourite tournament? Or was it all a cheap excuse, just so he can focus on his beloved clay, no matter how bad the pandemic is raging around Paris?

I stand by my judgement that if Nadal should skip it, this would elevate the Spaniard to a true legend of the sport, like Muhammad Ali. He would show the world that it's more than just about winning. By voluntarely not playing, Federer's Slam record and hence his GOAT status would be questionable, even if Nadal should get stuck at 19.

On the other hand, if Nadal should actually play under this circumstances, he would once again show that all he cares about is winning, no matter the consequences, and his humble and sensitve talk about the pandemic would be exposed as disgusting lies.

So what is it going to be, my beloved foe? I would love Nadal to surprise me, but as far as I am concerned, the Spaniard will standing miles behind the baseline at RG, pushing like no tomorrow, no matter what happens around him.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Lol, I think he meant traveling to another continent in a period of a couple of weeks was the health risk for him, I don´t think the situation in Paris is/was any worse or better than in NY when he said that but regardless, if he is healthy he will play RG even if his whole team and the whole Paris is infected with ebola, malaria, covid, bubonic plague and measles at the same time, that doesn´t need too much analysis

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Lets see if the tournament will be held first.

·
Your visions will happen
48,652 Posts
Like Djokovic, Nadal doesn't give a fuck what bitter Fedtards think

·
justice for all
15,287 Posts
According to the newest research this global pandemic caused a dramatic increase of alcohol consumption and number of alcohol addicts.

·
Your visions will happen
48,652 Posts
According to the newest research this global pandemic caused a dramatic increase of alcohol consumption and number of alcohol addicts.
Yes and also the health and fitness field is one of the few to grow over the last 6 months

·
Registered
440 Posts
Of course he won't give up the opportunity to vulture yet another Roland Garros title.
Spoken by the fan of a hyena that is trying to be a lion/tiger but will never get the love of a lion and a tiger

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hopefully he plays just to see you all whine endlessly. New York is a big test. Nadal refused to take that chance unlike Djokovic who's actually playing through injury.

If New York manages the situation well so can Paris. Nadal should play RG. #20 incoming.

·
Registered
16,924 Posts
The situation in Mallorca is also not that much worse than in Paris, so staying home would also not really be some safe haven, it seems.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Rafael Nadal plays and wins Roland Garros to equal Roger Federer. He overtakes Roger Federer next year before Novak Djokovic overtakes them both, possibly next year.

Roger Federer relegated to schmuck status with a measly 20 slams and memories of missed opportunities. I wouldn't wish such a thing on my worst enemy.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
RAFA will stay true to his word and organize RG in Mallorca. Vamos!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts