Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Probably. He's turned into a joke in big matches or finals.

Amazing to think he used to have one of the best ever records in finals. His last 3 finals have been nothing short of atrocious.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Well, he's lost his last 4 finals in a row. Before that he had a superb finals record. I don't see him starting to lose claycourt finals, mostly because I can't really see anyone beating him on clay at the moment.

EDIT: It's only the last 3 finals in a row. I forgot that he won Stuttgart after Wimbledon.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Nadal is not top 5 on HC so can't really read too much into it. He is no 1 on clay so its a different ball game.

However confidence can be a major weapon or killer and noone really knows just how much these beatdowns have hurt Rafas confidence.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
This thread is so stupid.

1. Rafa used to have a great finals record not because of mental strength but because he sucked on every surface except clay. He won everything on clay, so he had a great finals record.

2. Now that Rafa has improved on grass and hardcourts, he is getting to finals, but he isn't good enough to win them yet.

Therefore, it is a GOOD thing for Rafa to have a worse finals record.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
clean hitting + ANGLES triumphs over moonballer once again

especially on a HARDcourt

on clay, completely different surface

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Exactly
No he didn't :lol: He didn't even break serve :lol:
He broke once early on to get back to 2-2, then missed an easy forehand to go 4-2 ahead.

There wasn't any specific point where he choked, but his overall performance was nervous. Didn't look anything like the player that played the previous 5 matches.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
To think if Nadal didn't play that stupid Stuttgart clay event just to pick up points, he'd be title-less for 10 months now....

·
Banned
220 Posts
Will Nadal Start Choking During Claycourt Finals Too?

Yes. Put your money on it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts