Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal make an early retirement?

• Yes, in the next year or so, he'll call it quits.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • No, he'll continue his inexorable decline.

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • No, his best years are still to come.

Votes: 24 28.9%
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Nadal pull a Bjorg and retire at 25? After splitting from Uncle Toni and a string of devastating losses to Djokovic, could Nadal be on his way out? Could a loss at the Olympics be the final straw? Might even Federer and Murray start winning against him regularly?

Or is this just a temporary setback the true GOAT? :rolls:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Oh yeah, MTF strikes again...:worship:

Thousands of posts about Federer retirement, now it's time to think about Nadal. Let's call him Oldal etc :spit:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Nadal's only 25. He may retire earlier than most players, but he won't retire now....

He is on the decline, though.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Oh yeah, MTF strikes again...:worship:

Thousands of posts about Federer retirement, now it's time to think about Nadal. Let's call him Oldal etc :spit:
Yeah. Declinedal,Pensional,Grandpal.. you name it

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
In 3-4 years maybe. He won't get any better though.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nah.

He is making too much money to pull a Borg now. I have no idea how things were for Borg 30 years go, but I'm sure he wasn't making as much money from sponsors like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic do these days.

When sponsors don't want him anymore then he will have no reasons to stay on the tour. Right now, no.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
something tells me that the OP, along with Sapeod, will become an unstoppable force in MTF. Sapeod has always been a bit of a Muzzatard maverick... now he's got a partner

good for the game

·
Premium Member
21,604 Posts
Nah.

He is making too much money to pull a Borg now. I have no idea how things were for Borg 30 years go, but I'm sure he wasn't making as much money from sponsors like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic do these days.

When sponsors don't want him anymore then he will have no reasons to stay on the tour. Right now, no.
Excellent point.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
something tells me that the OP, along with Sapeod, will become an unstoppable force in MTF. Sapeod has always been a bit of a Muzzatard maverick... now he's got a partner

good for the game
No, Sapeod believes Murray is the greatest, I just want him to get better. Also, I only really have a problem with Nadal, while Djokovic and Federer I'm pretty neutral towards.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
The early retirement is a plausible scenario. We know he breaks easily when he peaks and can't sustain top dog level. Would he be a happy dog as a beta dog?

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
Nadull is already taking too long to retire IMO

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
Well, as I've always said, the quicker he retires, the better for the sport. Perhaps the beatings that Djokovic is giving to him will finally send him on his downward spiral? I certainly hope so, for the sport's sake.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Getting to 3 GS slam finals, along with winning one is a great achievement. Seems not by MTFs standards. Maybe everyone bar Novak should retire then :shrug:

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
1 - 20 of 80 Posts