Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it seems like a crazy question to ask considering Roger is a full five years older but at this point its a valid question. Nadal has missed significant time over the past few years due to injury and although he's been relatively healthy this year his decline physically has been evident. Roger plays such a fluid game, he's never hurt. I think the only thing that gets Fed to retire before Rafa is if he wants to quit playing the game.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Olderer will retire before Nadal. It will happen in 2012 USO after he is elminated in R1 by Donald Young (eventual champ)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
no way Nadal retires until he's like 29 that seems like the appropriate age for him

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I think Roger will play another year or two, but I don't think Rafa will play until he's 30 like Roger is.

·
Banned
3,761 Posts
obviously no. but, Roger will retire at 31, Nadal will retire at 29-30 max and at that time he wont be top 5, wont win MS, let alone GS. (as a side note Clownga will retire at 29 and it will be a moment of joy)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Not sure but Quitter will retire before Nadal.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
A few more beatings from Djoker (not to mention Fish &, erm, Dodig) & it may be on the cards.

·
Premium Member
29,568 Posts
I think Roger will play another year or two, but I don't think Rafa will play until he's 30 like Roger is.
I agree. Roger will retire first tho.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If Federer is content to lower his expectations he could play on til 35/36 like Agassi, and then it would be possible, but I don't see him playing that long any more.

This time in 2009 it would certainly have looked a lot more likely.

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
Of course not .Federer will retire a lot before Nadal since Nadal will play till 30.Nadal is getting money to play

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Depends on Rafa's body really. Assuming he remains fit enough, of course Roger will retire first!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Only 7 more to go :shrug: And given RG is a near lock every year I would say it has more than a good chance.
Yeah but I think he needs to win more than just RG's to seal the deal. If he wins 7 more RG's :)lol:) to surpass Federer's count, that is an extremely clay lopsided record. I think he needs to win one more each of AO and USO or two more of either to seal the deal.

·
Premium Member
29,568 Posts
Only 7 more to go :shrug: And given RG is a near lock every year I would say it has more than a good chance.
Nah. He might win 2 more RG but still won't get close to 16 at this rate. 7 slams is a very tall task.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
With Djokovic around? Did you watch Madrid & Rome this year?

He has a shot at R.G. while he is close to peak. He is not going to be close to peak for the next 5 years.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts