• No clay events before 2015 RG

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a valid question seeing as he's lost every clay event this season, his back issues won't go away as he's older, and he won't want to risk having it act up before that.

Nadal's clearly at the point now where he can be unseeded (though unlikely) and still be the clear favorite. When you win 4 then 5 in a row he's untouchable there. He has done here what Borg could've done if he played his whole career.

So will he only play RG next year, or will he play a tuneup or 2.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I won't be surprised if Nadal decides to skip the remainder of the 2014 season. Nadal should just play Roland Garros for the next 20 years and get his slam tally up to 33. He can then dominate wheel chair tennis until he is well into his late 80s.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't be surprised if Nadal decides to skip the remainder of the 2014 season. Nadal should just play Roland Garros for the next 20 years and get his slam tally up to 33. He can then dominate wheel chair tennis until he is well into his late 80s.
He could concievably never play Wimbledon again at the most realistic.

For those saying he'll play all 3 clay Masters before RG? I think that's a bad idea from this point on.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Well, I just think he has entered that phase where basically only 4 tournments a year (Slams) matter for him at this stage (same as Federer post-2008)..I hope he is taking the route of building himself up for those 8 weeks..I could care less about any M1000 or 500 wins (safe for a Top 4 seed) as long as he is in the last weekend of all majors giving himself a chance..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts