Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal shut it off for the rest of the season like 2012?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sure, a decision that can only fuel haters conspiracy-addled minds..In fairness, and if he goes on from nearly making it to USO, because of an injury happening in practice, to simply shutting it off for another 5 months, you sure like hell giving doubters plenty of ammunition..

So far, this looking strangely like 2012: post-Wimbledon body breakdown + hopes-up for swift comeback+ late minute withdrawal one after the other setting in coldly.....

·
Registered
668 Posts
How the hell are we supposed to know lol? None of us know the severity of the injury. If it is short term, then yes certainly he will be back after USO.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
doubtful, it would appear as though he was making progression (maybe not quickly enough for the US Open, but all the same) in healing the wrist. I would be shocked if he didn't play the WTF. if anything being this 'safe' gives me the impression that he really wants to win the Masters Cup this year

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
He obviously shouldn't, but I won't be surprised if he will.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Nadal sacrificed Wimby and USO in order to have a chance at the WTF. All in vain though..

·
Registered
609 Posts
no nabull will be back

he will continUe the wrist games and, he will "return" by clay court Vina Del Mar
\
repeat 2012? think so

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Probably. He's going to want to have a strong end after missing the summer.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think he doesn't play again in 2014. However, he's on the schedule for Shanghai, Paris, and London only for the rest of 2014. If he does come back in 2014, does he only play these 3 events or add another 1-2 events to the schedule?

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Nooooo not this again.

All the crap of cospiracy theories about faking, or nt faking, and that he would play USopen. We know he wont now threads like this starts over? Really guys?

·
6,249 Posts
How can he just sit out the rest of 2014 unless his injury does not heal? (which we know he came close to making it for NY). They have to compete at the bigger events.
Nadal does not normally care about the Fall or indoor season or WTF's, but this year he will have more motivation to do well at it. The AO and a 2nd Career GS are now on the cards.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
A user who clearly only uses MTF to get into arguments just for the sake of it.
Creates a thread to start tard wars and create opportunities to vent his frustration, anger and rage.

A true keyboard warrior.

Using a nadal fan's reply:

How the hell are we supposed to know lol? None of us know the severity of the injury. If it is short term, then yes certainly he will be back after USO.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts