Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Unless Rafa actually starts playing well again I do think he'll get straight setted when they play in MS events. However regardless of how they both play I can't see them playing at RG and Djokovic winning in straights.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
So according to Noletards Rafito has even worse chance against him on clay than hard court.

Ajde

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
The surfaces make little difference.
It's the same pattern everywhere.
Long rallies but Djokovic can run down many winners from Nadal.
Djokovic can lose the first set but it won't break him mentally.

The AO showed Nadal getting closer but Djokovic went through almost 11 hours in his last two matches there and down a break in the fifth.
The AO also showed Djokovic's mental strength in not giving up no matter his physical shape, what stage he's on or who's he playing.

Djokovic will be ready as will Nadal.

I don't care about Nadal's titles, they mean little now and he never had a challenger who has the game on clay that matches up as well as Djokovic does.

Djokovic is going to make adjustments too, it's not just Nadal making changes.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Nadal is pretty much stuck. Djokovic can hit through Nadal on clay or any other surface. Nadal on the other hand struggles to hit through Djokovic because his defence is up there with Nadal's. Nadal has no safe place to go to when he plays Djokovic. If he goes to the Djoker's forehand he will get burnt, if he goes to the Djoker's backhand the outcome is the same. When the Djoker is in trouble all he does is put Nadal's backhand under pressure. The Nadal backhand is solid but it will not consistently hurt you over the course of a match.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nadal is pretty much stuck. Djokovic can hit through Nadal on clay or any other surface. Nadal on the other hand struggles to hit through Djokovic because his defence is up there with Nadal's. Nadal has no safe place to go to when he plays Djokovic. If he goes to the Djoker's forehand he will get burnt, if he goes to the Djoker's backhand the outcome is the same. When the Djoker is in trouble all he does is put Nadal's backhand under pressure. The Nadal backhand is solid but it will not consistently hurt you over the course of a match.
We'll see about these comment when Rafa wins him at French Garros!

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I think its gonna be a another Cliffhanger IF they end up meeting each other. Dont forget on Hard courts he gave Novak a good run for his money and on Clay which is his favourite surface he is gonna be the same. However the Djoker has the edge, No Doubt about it.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
Not likely. I'm sure all their finals will be close, but Nadal is not enough to beat him ever again if Djokovic plays solid.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So according to Noletards Rafito has even worse chance against him on clay than hard court.

Ajde
Well, recent records show Rafa has more of a chance vs. Nole on hards than on clay. True story.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
Djok won't ever beat Nadal again. The trend has no more room to go, Nadal has got closer and closer to the point where Djok is down a break in the 5th set and needs 6 hours to beat Nadal. No more room to go for Djok. He will never beat Nadal again.
Aren't you the one who said Nadal will beat Djokovic in the AO final? :lol:
Epic fail again.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
I predict a very strong run in this year's ACC for nadalwon20XX, might be consistent all year :sport:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Djok won't ever beat Nadal again. The trend has no more room to go, Nadal has got closer and closer to the point where Djok is down a break in the 5th set and needs 6 hours to beat Nadal. No more room to go for Djok. He will never beat Nadal again.
To be honest,It would have been over in three Sets if Novak came to the net more often.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts