Votes: 15 30.0%
  • 12-20

Votes: 2 4.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal is currently ranked 7th in both the live ranking and the ATP race. If he loses to Djokovic in the quarter final or before at the french open, He would be ranked 10 at best. With the best part of the season for him behind him, What should be our expectations from Nadal as YE rankings is concerned? Would he rise up and fight his way back into the top 4 winning tournaments we aren't used to see him win (ala 2013) or will he sink even more down in the rankings?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Yes I think so. If he doesn't maintain at least a top-8 ranking by the end of the year then... :help:

Assuming, of course, that he actually plays the rest of the season and doesn't take time off again.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If he gets knocked out at the French in the quarters there's every chance he won't qualify for the WTF.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
It looks difficult for Nadal to win RG this year, so if he loses something like1500 points, I can definitely see him finishing outside the top 8

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Really depends on the form of the players around him. He should outperform Ferrer/Raonic, which would be enough to stay in the top 8.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Possible that after a shock first week defeat at Roland Garros that Dull discovers he is once again injured and doesn't play again until Quito.
I really doubt he'd skip the rest of the year if he were bounced out in the QFs at RG. My suspicion is that he'd play all the post RG clay.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No. After he loses in the RG QF from No1e, he will fall off the top 10, never to return.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
Don't forget that Nadal did not play much after Wimbledon, so he has lots of points to recover (assuming he stays injury free).

·
Banned
923 Posts
No he'll get a convenient injury right after another 3rd round Wimbledon loss and skip the rest of the season again. :sad:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Hopefully he doesn't. The less we see of him, the better. That said, he'll probably end up in the #4-8 rankings somehow. Would be funny if he ended the year ranked #9 and just missed qualifying though :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts