Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal ever return at №2 ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by a previous poll nobody belives he can be №1 again. May be question about №2 is more relevant ?

·
Registered
781 Posts
That he might just do.

·
Registered
437 Posts
his career is over. he has at most 2 years left.

3,728 Posts
without his clay season results

he might drop out of the top 10 this year and not even qualify for the year end champs

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
no chance, with Clayray arriving Murray will make 2 his bitch when Federer goes

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Of course!
Pretty much everybody tried to destroy Nadal after Wimbledon 2012, and look how it worked out.
He still sucks on grass like a prostitute cow, but he rolls on the dirt like Adele.

his career is over. he has at most 2 years left.
Well, they all said the same about Riba and now look at them, crying rivers of salt.

3,728 Posts
nole is only losing to him if novak chokes

this isnt any type of jinx

novak has improved on clay

and nadal is nowhere near his level last year (already slipping then)

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
In about 3 weeks he is going to be out of the top 10. No 2 is a wet dream for nadulltards.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
As a Nadal fan, I'm going to honestly say no, I don't think he'll be No. 2 again, as long as he continues playing. I've already accepted the fact he can never be the same player he once was anymore. He's older, and he's physically/mentally unable to keep up with everyone else like he used to. He's already accomplished what he was meant to accomplish, so I'm happy for him.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No way. Nadal is on his way out of top 10, and will never return.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
How can Dull be greatest no. 2 of all time when he cannot be no. 2 in a strong Era like this year?

Dull was only no. 2 for so many years because he feasted and vultured during weak Era.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Depends entirely on RG. He's 7th in the race and his ranking has finally caught up with him.

He wins, he's 500 points ahead of Murray after clay season and it would be possible to finish the year there.

With a Finals, or semifinals we're looking at him finishing behind Murray and ahead of Berdych in 3.

Is it possible? Yes. Top 4 is still very possible even if he finishes out of RG in the QFs.

Nadal's drop down the rankings below 5 is likely to be temporary. But his return to 2 or 3 is unlikely without a final or SF at RG.

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Is there a "Rafael Nadal ranks #7 but any problem cannot be found" thread yet? :p

To those saying "wait until RG" may I point out that Marin Cilic ranks 10th even while holding slam champion points (and that's only because Dimitrov pissed away the chance to take over that spot with some dumb losses in the last 3 months). A GS title should keep you in the top 10. But #2... that's much harder.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts