Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 22 25.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering Federer's not going anywhere anytime soon + new youngsters are getting better and better (Murray, Djokovic, Gasquet) will nadal ever reach no.1 position he so desperately wants?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i have no idea actually. but it would be VERY disappointing on his part to never be no.1 yet was no.2 for such a loooong time. So close yet so far would be quite fitting.

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
I think by the time Federer's gone Nadal could be too plagued by injuries to be No. 1., or outplayed by the up and comers.

Or alternatively, if sticks to a smarter schedule, it could happen for him. If he breaks the Wimbledon curse sooner rather than later, then I see him as no. 1 even with RFed around (assuming Rafa still wins the French).

·
Registered
13,197 Posts
Needs to win a slam other then the FRench and he has a good shot..

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I'm surprised that so many people voted no. Once Fed retires, Nadal is the most likely to become #1. Then Djoke.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I'm surprised that so many people voted no. Once Fed retires, Nadal is the most likely to become #1. Then Djoke.
Djokovic can surpass him after AO, I'd pick him as the next #1 more than Nadal.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
nadal might be too burnt out by the time fed is done. he may be younger, but his lifespan might just last as long as fed's. he's only 21, yet his injuries every season make him look like he's already 26-28 sadly :(

the only time nadal might feel "#1" is when he led the race during the clay court season.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
yes of course! even though it's a retarded and out-of-date poll but i still believe nadal's the most likely next #1!!!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I well know that something like 'justice' doesn't actually exists in sports (nor in most of the rest of real life either, but that's an entirely different discussion) - but for this particular matter, justice should prevail, which means that Raf should at least occupy the #1 position somewhere during his career. :yeah:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nadal migh be able to get to 1 at some point. He has to make adjustments to his game that will alow him to get the points he needs on hardcourts and especially the end of the year. He needs to be more efficient in earlier rounds of tournaments and not be on the court as much,as it puts a terrible strain on his knees. My prediction is that Fed loses number 1 spot within 3 years and Nadal, Joke and Muarry all have a shot to hold it for a brief time and then the era of Gulbis will take over in 3-4 years and he will go on a nice run holding the number 1 spot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts