Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal make a Slam SF in the remaining of 2015?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from winning 1 Slam for at least 10 consecutive years (2005-2014) to not even make the semis of one major in 2015, which is seriously on the cards now :spit: (even Federer reached AO SF in his dreary 2013).

IMO, with a likely early exit at SW19, I believe the USO-- a Slam that arguably suits more Nadal nowadays and saw him reach ridiculous non-Clay peaks-- is the last chance for him to regain a modicum of elite-ness and competitivity vs the world's best..If he flops there in an uncereminous fashion in two months time, i fear he is going to drift badly..

We will see how he will do in NA M1000, but he will most likely be a top 8 seed since he defends zilch points.

Yeah, that is how desperate the situation is , but I'm going out on a limb and say.........NADAL WILL REACH the USO SEMI FINALS :eek:..

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
The last Wimbledon Nadal's opponents till SF never made it past 2R and he still failed.

1R Klizan Q1'2011, 2R'12, 1R'13
2R Rosol Q1, 3R, 1R (Yep, I was wrong, Rosol made it to 3R by beating Nadal 2012)
3R Kukuskin 1R, 1R, A
4R Kyrgios 1R, QF, 3R (but at junior tournament )
QF Raonic 2R, 2R, 2R

Federer opponents till SF also made 3R just twice for the last four seasons, but he was good enough to use the opportunity.

1R Paolo Lorenzi Q1,1R,1R,1R
2R Gilles Muller Q3,3R,1R,A
3R Santiago Giraldo 1R,1R,1R,2R
4R Tommy Robredo 1R,1R,A,3R
QF Wawrinka 1R,2R,1R,1R (the last four Wimb. before Wimb.'14)

Can they concoct as easy a half for Fedal this Wimbledon too ?

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
It could be worse, he could be Tiger Woods!

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Fed/Nadal QF at the USO might be interesting.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
I'll say he makes the semis at the USO and loses to one of the big 4, it's probably his best Slam surface these days and he might have some semblance of form by then. Not expecting much from Wimbledon.

·
22,273 Posts
In Wimbledon, there is 99.999% of that not happening. There he'll probably lose in r1-r4

USO, might be possible with a good draw or the draw opens up for him or if he somehow gets his form by the time USO comes, which doesn't seem likely.

I'd he won't this year, but if he does in the USO, it wouldn't surprise me.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No. Of course not. He is done.

·
Your visions will happen
51,258 Posts
I have no idea what to expect from Nadal either in Wimbledon or USO

I just hope for a good draw for once. Nadal always gets the toughest draws

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
It could be worse, he could be Tiger Woods!
I would trade Tiger Woods career for Rory Mcilroys 24/7.

Rory will never see 14 slams and 79 career titles. Mark those words. Not to mention holding all four majors at the same time. FORGET IT!!!!!

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I would trade Tiger Woods career for Rory Mcilroys 24/7.

Rory will never see 14 slams and 79 career titles. Mark those words. Not to mention holding all four majors at the same time. FORGET IT!!!!!
Rory had Wozniacki.

But Tiger Woods won x18 that amount.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I think he might be able to at the US Open

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
It pains me to admit it. But I think Rafa is done as a major force in tennis. Just like Woods in golf.

But as a fan of both you look at what they did in their prime. And when you do that. Both are as good as it ever gets.

Nadal is a player who relies on his legs and power. Both have lost something. And in a sport of such tight margins. That makes the difference on tight sets. Players he would have blasted off the court 5 years ago. Now have the oppurtunity to beat him.

He may have one last great showing in him between now and the time he retires. Well shall see.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Never underestimate Nadull's luck.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts