Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal break his own clay-streak record in future?

• Yes

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 63.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, basically been telling my bro to tape nadal's stuttgart games for me while im out training everyday. After watching, I tremble:sad: , because i get scared. What i just want to say is, this guy's an absolute monster :eek: !!! He keeps improving and improving lately it's scary! Even after a grass court season he still managed in such a short time improve his clay game, playing even better overall game than his clay court tournaments from before, increasing his invincibly aura on this red surface. I just have a strong feeling he will break his own clay record again lol. I seriously don't see anyone stopping him O_O What scares me the most is he still has so much room for improvement. When he truly finds balance between defense and attack, use his physique to the maximum potential, it's going to be f***ing scary :devil: This guy's a Biomechanical machine~! So yeh just want to see what normal spectators wud think. Do yous think Nadal will surpass his 81 match streak from before?

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
If he doesnt whore himself out for points in Hamburg again, he should be fine

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't think so either. Defenitely in the best of three events Federer has a good chance of beating him. The best of five, will be more difficult.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
lmao no way.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
If he doesnt whore himself out for points in Hamburg again, he should be fine
Do you mean Stuttgart.... ;)

(Can't believe he is playing Stuttgart so shortly after Wimbledon, which came so shortly after the French and Queens). Does no one on his team look long term?

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
apparently not.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,392 Posts
Do you mean Stuttgart.... ;)

(Can't believe he is playing Stuttgart so shortly after Wimbledon, which came so shortly after the French and Queens). Does no one on his team look long term?
no, he meant Hamburg, that he played despite being in the Rome final

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Winning 81 matches in a row is always very unlikely, even for Nadal on clay. However, I could see him getting past Vilas' old record (was it 53 matches on clay?) again.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Vilas was unlucky to be broken (his record) cause of the spaghetti strings of nastase, then i believe vilas went on and won another few tournaments on clay, which is a shame.

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
I doubt it, Federer has his number now :sad:
No, its not that, but you dont really think he could get to 81 again, do you? I mean the depth of clay court tennis isn't great right now, but I doubt he could even get 40 again, much less 81.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
no, he meant Hamburg, that he played despite being in the Rome final
Yeah I know, I was adding Stuttgart to the list of tournaments played only for points. I can't imagine why, after a long gruelling clay schedule, followed by the 5 5-set matches in 7 days at Wimbledon (+a few days of Queens), with a suspect knee, and just before the start of the HC season, he would play in a low-key tournament. On clay. So I think whatever applied in Hamburg applies in Stuttgart ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
It would be incredibly tough, but he's so good on clay that I actually wouldn't be surprised. I don't think Federer has figured out how to beat Nadal on clay at all. (sorry Federer fans, I know you'll disagree and don't want to start an argument, but I think the Hamburg loss really was because of mental and physical fatigue and the incredibly slow and low bouncing surface. Don't think Rafa will play there again)

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
It would be incredibly tough, but he's so good on clay that I actually wouldn't be surprised. I don't think Federer has figured out how to beat Nadal on clay at all. (sorry Federer fans, I know you'll disagree and don't want to start an argument, but I think the Hamburg loss really was because of mental and physical fatigue and the incredibly slow and low bouncing surface. Don't think Rafa will play there again)
if it was incredibley slow then that would suit nadal.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Nadal will win his next 200 matches in a row on clay.

·
Registered
390 Posts
if it was incredibley slow then that would suit nadal.
No it actually doesn't. He said himself he found it very difficult to play on the very slow surface and he prefers it faster with hot conditions, as this allows his topsin forehand to zip up and through quicker helping his game to be more effective.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I doubt he'll break it. What he did before was amazing, and I don't think it will ever be broken.

He has a very good chance, however, to go on a loooong clay court run up to about 50 or so again.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
No it actually doesn't. He said himself he found it very difficult to play on the very slow surface and he prefers it faster with hot conditions, as this allows his topsin forehand to zip up and through quicker helping his game to be more effective.
but if it is quicker it plays to federers strength which is more than nadals strength.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts