Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will murray qualify for the WTF?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there are high chances he is going to end up 9.

I think

Rafa, Nole, Wawrinka, Fed, Berdych, Ferrer,NIshikori and the 8th will be either Dimitrov or Fognini.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I still think he will. Obviously clay isn't going to show him at his best.

I fully expect Murray to fire up come the grass season and then take that confidence into the American hardcourt swing.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still think he will. Obviously clay isn't going to show him at his best.

I fully expect Murray to fire up come the grass season and then take that confidence into the American hardcourt swing.
I dont know if he can do well on the hardcour seasson , unless he returns to his prime (which I find hardly unlikely) there are too many players that can challenge him... besides the obvious Rafa, Nole, Fed and Wawa, there is a large group consisting of Berdych, Ferrer, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Isner, Raonic, FOgnini, and despends how he returns (Delpo), Heck even Tsonga who has played awfuly this year could still challenge Murray if he doesnt come to his 100%.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he will. delpo is out, and gasquet, tsonga...also too...so...

·
23,063 Posts
Well, this should be interesting. The crucial point is in the Grass season, where he gets the most points coverage there. The most crucial IMO is the after Wimbledon one with the US Open, the US Open series and the Indoor Season in which we will see if his confidence and form is back during that time because if his Grass season isn't that good maybe it might not carry well into his best area of the year.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think he will. He is still way too strong for most players in a BO5 format. I just hope that he can defend some of his Wimbledon points...

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I think post USO he will gain plenty of points, by then he should be back to full fitness so I think he will make it maybe in 5/6 position

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
I don't think he'll keep with this form throughout the whole year, the second half should be better for him, especially the grass season and the Asian swing so I definitely expect him to make it this year unless another injury happens.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Djokovic
Nadal
Federer
Wawrinka
Murray
Ferrer
Berdych
Nishikori

1 - 15 of 15 Posts