• Yes

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 33.8%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Terrible match-up. Djokovic is toying with him. Everything murray can do, djokovic can do better (well, almost everything). andy should avoid djokovic, otherwise he will be what berdych is/was to nadal, no?

Well we had the same question for Nadal in 2011?
Well we got the answer . Maybe we will have an answer and for Murray soon.:)

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Actually Djokovic changed his tactics vs Murray.
He is pushing now and that works.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Only Everko knows.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Only chance is if Djokovic play Queens, and it's a long shot anyway.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Only chance is if Djokovic play Queens, and it's a long shot anyway.
oh come off it, Murray has beaten Djokovic in the past and he will do it again. maybe not immediately, but don't be naive and act as if Murray doesn't have chances. he's won a set in almost all of their meetings

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Murray lives and dies by the points too much. He abandons successful plays the moment they stop working. And once his confidence is derailed he has a tendency to play more low-risk.

In this match-up, that means reverting to the style that makes their matches so monotonous. In a battle of Djokovic v. Djokovic-lite, he'll lose every time.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I hope not, but he probably will at some point. I think not at slams any more though. Novak gifted him 2 of them and that is quite enough.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Murray lives and dies by the points too much. He abandons successful plays the moment they stop working. And once his confidence is derailed he has a tendency to play more low-risk.

In this match-up, that means reverting to the style that makes their matches so monotonous. In a battle of Djokovic v. Djokovic-lite, he'll lose every time.

No one of them is aggressive player as let say Federer . Djokovic knows that Murray can not last longer in tough matches and his serve is the first thing that would go away if he makes him to serve a lot in one game. If Fed plays with Murray this match would not be in three sets
or lasts 2 hours plus. Djokovic did not play at all but Murray just has not confidence in his game and in his body.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Dont know.. the only certain thing is a random 40 years old virgin showing up here and managing to bring Rafa to this thread lmao.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Pepita realized she forgot to mention Fed and quickly fixed it

As for the OP, yes he will, probably at some 500 or M1000 SF. Will need a few wins to get back the confidence needed to beat him in a big final/slam again.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
hopefully not!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Pepita realized she forgot to mention Fed and quickly fixed it

As for the OP, yes he will, probably at some 500 or M1000 SF. Will need a few wins to get back the confidence needed to beat him in a big final/slam again.

Murray is not the same player after his back surgery . That is a fact. I say this from my experience because i had the same kind of surgery twice and never became as i was before. I have always problems in evenings or when i have tough day. Your low back is just getting weak and you can not do anything about it. It really sad about Murray because he is too young.
He is a great player but his mind set is not in an aggressive play. It is just not in his DNA. But that is the only way for him to win a GS now or a MS. Federer is a different kind of player.

·
Registered
311 Posts
He can beat him, but it's pretty clear he has a big problem when they get to the 2-3 hours mark of a tight match. If he isn't already in command at that point he's likely to get ground down physically. That's a big disadvantage, but it's not enough to lose every time - he could have even won today with a few points going his way in the first set.

Also, there's no particular reason why these matches always need to have tight opening sets. We've had two Australian Open finals where both of the first two sets went to tiebreaks, which is in theory unusual for two players who have big return games. If they'd instead split two lopsided sets that went by quickly then the fitness issue wouldn't come into play in the third set and the matches could have been different.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Fit Murray actually has a game that bothers Novak. Novak doesn't enjoy playing Murray, it's a bad match-up. If Murray clicks at some point he will win many more matches...Murray might win their next match I wouldn't be surprised at all.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts