Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Murray win slam sooner than anybody else without slam?

• Yes

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 37.9%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Murray will win his first slam sooner than another players without slam? If you think Murray will never win a slam than give No. So next new winner will be Murray? or do you believe guys like Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling, Tomic will win it sooner than Andy?

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Agassi and Sampras have a better chance of coming out of retirement and winning a slam on their first try then Mugray winning a slam:superlol:

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I havent seen that Murray since the USO 2008 however. He played aggressive but Nadal was dead there from the olympics, and then we know what happened in the finals. I guess Murray forgot there was one.

As long as the top 3 is around Murray won't win a slam. And by the time Nadal and Fed, Nole hang it up, Murray may be too old and new threats will have emerged

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
2012 is all about the Bane of Dunblane.. so undoubtedly yes. The name is still a work in progress.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Murray should pick up at 1 slam before he retires.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Realistically its between Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, and Soderling. Maybe Ferrer. I don't see anyone else that has a realistic shot.

Really depends on the draw and who happens to get hot.

Last year at this time, most everyone was calling Djokivic a one slam wonder. Who knew "super joker" was just being born?

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Almagro has bigger chance to win Wimbledon than Mugray to win any slam.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
look at Fed at 2006 surely if he shows up he will win them all...wait years have passed
this is a good point Saberq makes. you can always say 'what if' a player plays at the absolute maximum potential suddenly but it's not likely to happen. times change. players decline. the big difference is Murray has not really declined just is missing that little extra bit of something that he has had at moments.

anything is possible though, his game is certainly looking good of late. it's just strange with him though. he has beaten all of the best players so that can't be the problem, that is, belief. what is with him? maybe he just cannot last or maintain intensity in a best of 5 match. that is the only real problem i can conjure. he may strictly be a great best of 3 player. he's a great player regardless, but if he can't do his best for 5 whole sets then he'll never make it to the heights that he should. what the big question is, would be why can't he?? he is fit, he has the game, he has a fairly decent head on his shoulders.

it is so mysterious.

but as for the original question, I think it's something like 50/50. I am certain Murray will win a Grand Slam title but when putting odds on him or another player out of the whole field winning their first Grand Slam it's quite hard to guess or entertain what could happen because it's so wide open.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts