Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think Andy's adventure with Amelie will fail miserably. Not that I underrate her as a coach, but still:

1. men's tennis in a big 4 era, when you contend for GSs, is something completely on another level comparing to WTA.
2. she is not the authoritative figure Andy needs.

Andy doesn't need someone "who can listen" while being a spoiled brat mug, he needs authoritative fatherly figure to teach him how it's done.
He had that in Ivan, who was the main reason Andy reached ridiculous level in fitness, matured on court and took OG gold and 2 slams (main reason beside Nadal was on vacation and Djokovic was being Djesus).

After failing to replicate any of that with "good listener" Amelie, I guess he will blame her and dump her for good with Judy's bless. Sooner or latter after that, I think they will definitely want Lendl to get back and they will offer him fortune, but I am not sure that Ivan would ever want to get back.

What do you think? Will any of them want to reunite and will it ever happen?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the most expensive coach to female coach. Even if Lendlray don't reunite, I wonder what would be Andy's next step after dumping Amelie. Should be entertaining as usual :lol:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Djokovic should employ Lendl to know how to peak at slams.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I think Andy's adventure with Amelie will fail miserably. Not that I underrate her as a coach, but still:

1. men's tennis in a big 4 era, when you contend for GSs, is something completely on another level comparing to WTA.
2. she is not the authoritative figure Andy needs.

Andy doesn't need someone "who can listen" while being a spoiled brat mug, he needs authoritative fatherly figure to teach him how it's done.
He had that in Ivan, who was the main reason Andy reached ridiculous level in fitness, matured on court and took OG gold and 2 slams (main reason beside Nadal was on vacation and Djokovic was being Djesus).

After failing to replicate any of that with "good listener" Amelie, I guess he will blame her and dump her for good with Judy's bless. Sooner or latter after that, I think they will definitely want Lendl to get back and they will offer him fortune, but I am not sure that Ivan would ever want to get back.

What do you think? Will any of them want to reunite and will it ever happen?
How can you blame Amelie for working with Murray for only TWO WEEKS? It is insane for you to blame Amelie!

Amelie and Andy haven't worked long together it isn't fair to control Amelie.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I think Lendl does not want it, even if Murray asks him again.
He is rich,he does not need salary.And he has his golf interests
Quote :

ESPN's Greg Garber reported Tuesday that Lendl's contract with Murray called for his committing 25 weeks to him. "To really do it right, you need to be there for 20, 25 weeks," Lendl told Garber. "Looking ahead, I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it."

This is where golf enters the story. Lendl, 54, is an avid golfer. How avid? In February alone, he posted 17 scores to the Golf Handicap and Information Network (GHIN.com) for handicap index purposes, nine more in March and counting. He once confessed to playing 250 rounds in a single year.

Garber wrote that "Lendl said he would continue an aggressive golfing schedule this summer," which would have been difficult had he continued his work with Murray.

A member of Torrington Country Club in Goshen, Conn., and the Windsor Club in Vero Beach, Fla., Llendl plays to a 0.0 handicap index. He has played in several U.S. Open qualifiers, three Nike Tour (now Web.com Tour) events in the late '90s, and European Tour events.

He also has five daughters, three of whom are into golf. The youngest of the three, Daniela, 20, is on the University of Alabama golf team.

He just does not need all this trouble to coach stubborn pushing Scot.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Fancy hiring a WTA player as coach is not a great idea. Men's game is much tougher regime and more tactical.

I think it will be Murray who will be teaching Mauresmo tennis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts